Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-02-2011, 05:36 AM

Thank you Billy for being so willing to help out with finding answers to our many questions. Now another question ! ! ! !
Do you have any Featherweight 221 Manuals and 221K Manuals? I know I can copy from the Internet but would love to have the little books that come with the machines. I don't care if they are reprints because getting originals seems like looking for hens teeth.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for all you do for the board members, Linda :>)
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 AM

Bennett, we never see a Vesta or F&R around here!! Would love to get my hands on one, but not for those prices!

The two W&Ws are W9s...the first one is way spendy, and that second one looks to have a box of Singer attachments with it!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Bennett, we never see a Vesta or F&R around here!! Would love to get my hands on one, but not for those prices!

The two W&Ws are W9s...the first one is way spendy, and that second one looks to have a box of Singer attachments with it!
Wow, this is a bummer - we now have to log in everytime we have closed down and come back! We use to stay logged in and could come and go?

Anyway, Charlee are you as lost as I am?

This is going to take some getting use to and I don't have time right now to hunt around - my horses are hungry!

Nancy
Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
ops: Nancy, I left out the word chinese. I also have a one on my red eye. Kathie
Oh, now I understand! I thought you knew I already had HC's! So you are part of the 'Made in the Repulic of China" hand crank group?

Funny!

Nancy
Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Ahh, CL shopping...not as much fun as window shopping, but still. I really need to do something else with my free time. There are too many machines out there!

Two Wheeler and Wilsons? Haven't even seen 1 before in this area.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/atq/2679617490.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/atq/2661282026.html

And then there are the hand cranks. The Vesta is back, and there is a Frister and Rossmann now.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2676730506.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2678325670.html
I'm going for one of the Wheeler Wilsons today. The one with the 2 drawers. I talked to the guy yesterday, but can't get there till this afternoon.

Texas Jan
Old 11-02-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Wow, this is a bummer - we now have to log in everytime we have closed down and come back! We use to stay logged in and could come and go?

Anyway, Charlee are you as lost as I am?

This is going to take some getting use to and I don't have time right now to hunt around - my horses are hungry!

Nancy
A little bit, yes! I've belonged to boards with this software (or something similar) before tho...shouldn't take long to get the hang of it!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
If you look to the right of the log in you will see a box that says "remember me" just check that and then when you hop on it will log you in automatically.

Billy
Old 11-02-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51 View Post
If you look to the right of the log in you will see a box that says "remember me" just check that and then when you hop on it will log you in automatically.

Billy
Yes, just click the 'remember me' button before you finish logging in and you will stay logged in for the next time. Also, the reason the Shop has grown by 1000 pages is because there are fewer posts per page now. The default is now 10 posts per page instead of 15. You can change it to up to 50 posts per page somewhere in your settings if you want.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:37 AM

I'm a little slow realizing this, but it looks like we have a real section - not a virtual section for the info on vintage machines! Wow!! You started something great, Billy!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by beaniekins View Post
Yes, just click the 'remember me' button before you finish logging in and you will stay logged in for the next time. Also, the reason the Shop has grown by 1000 pages is because there are fewer posts per page now. The default is now 10 posts per page instead of 15. You can change it to up to 50 posts per page somewhere in your settings if you want.
TO change the number of posts per page, go to the 'Settings' button on the very top right hand side of the screen. It's above the "Quilting Board' icon. Then, on the left hand sidebar, under 'My Settings', there is a link for 'General Settings'. Click on that, and about half way down the page, under 'Thread Display Options' you can change the number of posts per page, among other things.

I hope this helps!