Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=BoJangles;4666617][ATTACH=CONFIG]286305[/ATTACH]

Ok Monica, here is a picture of the face plate. This machine threads very simply, but it appears to be missing the check spring too - if it ever had a check spring!

Jon, should it have a check spring on the tension? Do you or anyone else have the check spring, or the thread guide for the bobbin winder?

No check spring with these guys.
Jon
Old 11-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Scored!!! Just bought that little 99K!!! So excited!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286305[/ATTACH]

Ok Monica, here is a picture of the face plate. This machine threads very simply, but it appears to be missing the check spring too - if it ever had a check spring!

Jon, should it have a check spring on the tension? Do you or anyone else have the check spring, or the thread guide for the bobbin winder?

Ok I see why the slide plate, needle plate appears to be made by Davis, but they are not exactly like my Davis? With the consensous on here that this is a Davis machine - I am going with that!

To answer your questions on putting the bobbin in the 319w now that that machine is in a treadle. No problem, just remove the slide/needle plate like any other machine!

Nancy

To ad confusion to this machine, the manual that came with the machine - I know this is the correct manual for the machine - says, "Silent and Light Running." Didn't New Home use the "light Running" along with their grayhound as their logo?

Thank you Nancy for posting this picture. I did notice that you were missing the check spring, which was why I asked to see this view of the machine. I was wondering if there was more to the tension/guide path, like seen on other Davis and Nationals.

I would check with Cathy to see if she has something in one of her lockers full of goodies for that check spring.

Even though it would be nice to have the thread guide for the bobbin winder, it isn't necessary to have it to wind the bobbin. I always bypass using mine on all my machines that have this setup for winding the bobbins. I do this to get the thread wound more evenly across the bobbin pin.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Well, actually, Charlee....the attachments are MINE, yes, ALL MINE!!!!
But...but...but.... I thought you loved me!!

Old 11-11-2011, 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=jlhmnj;4666811]
Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286305[/ATTACH]

No check spring with these guys.
Jon

Since they didn't come with check springs, I wonder if they came with the bobbin winder guide. National Two Spools didn't come with a bobbin winder guide.

Last edited by vintagemotif; 11-11-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
Scored!!! Just bought that little 99K!!! So excited!
Congrats!!! You're going to love that little machine that weighs a ton.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
Stopped by my favorite 2nd hand craft store and found a new attachment for my White FR treadle. I've never seen one before - it's kind of neat looking. It was only $2.95. It came with the original sales slip - $6.95 in August 1928. It's called a Stitch Master.

That looks fun to play with! Let us know how well it works.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=vintagemotif;4666863]
Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post

Since they didn't come with check springs, I wonder if they came with the bobbin winder guide. National Two Spools didn't come with a bobbin winder guide.

This machine did, the spring for the winder guide arm is still attached. The arm is not essential to wind bobbins but a neat gizmo when it works properly and very annoying when it doesn't.
Jon
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
Stopped by my favorite 2nd hand craft store and found a new attachment for my White FR treadle. I've never seen one before - it's kind of neat looking. It was only $2.95. It came with the original sales slip - $6.95 in August 1928. It's called a Stitch Master.
I have one of those - are there more instructions???
Old 11-11-2011, 01:49 PM

Nancy,

Here is a Hale's Crescent for sale down in LA: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...689641151.html
Does your cabinet and irons look like this? Those irons are Davis; they look just like mine. Drawer handles look like the ones on my Davis cabinet too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286419[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2011-11-11-1.45.19-pm.png