Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
But...but...but.... I thought you loved me!!

Oh, I DO!! (covers mouth & giggles) But not THAT much!!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Congrats!!! You're going to love that little machine that weighs a ton.
LOL ... I can testify to that "weighs a ton" comment after lugging my 99 all the way to the TOGA, and in and out of the car a few times.... LOL But worth it...they are incredible little machines!!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
Stopped by my favorite 2nd hand craft store and found a new attachment for my White FR treadle. I've never seen one before - it's kind of neat looking. It was only $2.95. It came with the original sales slip - $6.95 in August 1928. It's called a Stitch Master.
Very interesting!! Take pics when you try it out.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy,

Here is a Hale's Crescent for sale down in LA: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...689641151.html
Does your cabinet and irons look like this? Those irons are Davis; they look just like mine. Drawer handles look like the ones on my Davis cabinet too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286419[/ATTACH]
Hey Monica...this one is about 2 hour drive from me. Hummmmm....I wonder if DH would go get it for me since he's off work on disability right now....well, probably not since I'm bringing home 2 tomorrow. Too bad...looks OK from the pics.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I have one of those - are there more instructions???
Yes, it came with a complete book of instructions and ideas. After this weekend's craziness of 12 ladies visiting to sew, I can copy it off for you.
Attached Thumbnails book.jpg  
Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM

"I feel kind of guilty for having 3 of them now!!! But, 301's seem to have turned into my 'specialty' and refurbishing 3 of them has taught me a lot."

Guilt? What's that? When it comes to saving these old ladies (any vintage machine) never feel guilty, they are all wonderful and deserve a good home. So keep right on saving them. It's a good thing......
Old 11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

Bloomin' Iris came over and we took apart Mr. Ed's tension. Had a hard time getting the spring to go where it was suppose to - Oh well, after 5 tries, Iris can do a tension in her sleep now. I posted some of it on here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t162425.html I keep adding to it as I figure more out. Mr. Ed still has a ways to go before he sews. I took apart the needle holder thing and haven't figured out how to get it back together. I wonder if it is even the right one. I've never seen one like it. It has a thumb screw on one end and a hole on the opposite side - There is a little plug thing goes in there some how. The cabinet has a door in the front. Behind the door and on the left is a good sized hole. It is how you get access to change the bobbin. Mine has 3 feed dog/cover plates. One for zigzag, one for straight stitch and one for FM/darning.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Hey Monica...this one is about 2 hour drive from me. Hummmmm....I wonder if DH would go get it for me since he's off work on disability right now....well, probably not since I'm bringing home 2 tomorrow. Too bad...looks OK from the pics.
You better go get that thing so nobody turns it into a tractor or paints it purple.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:16 PM

Oh dear, may be that sending my 83 year old Mom to collect wasn't such a good idea...wait a minuet my Mother still dose her own barn work and has 6 work horses, lol she will be able to lift it.
Do you think it was a good buy at $15.???
Originally Posted by jljack View Post
LOL ... I can testify to that "weighs a ton" comment after lugging my 99 all the way to the TOGA, and in and out of the car a few times.... LOL But worth it...they are incredible little machines!!
Old 11-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]286232[/ATTACH]YoHOOOOOO! Here is my Singer 319w in her finished cabinet! "Candace" is so happy here in my sewing room! I haven't got the flip top completely done, still working on that part, but she is sitting in the cabinet ready to go! So easy to put a 319w in a treadle - she just dropped right in - no adjustments at all! Now I need to find time to play with her - she will be one of my favorite treadles I am sure![ATTACH=CONFIG]286231[/ATTACH]

Nancy

Sorry the same picture is in here twice. I can't seem to delete just one of the pictures!
Nancy that it is a nice cabinet fot the 319. I told you it was easy. Now find time to have fun with it