Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica, that is so cool! The only treadle I have with feet for the pedal is my Wheeler & Wilson! My Eldredge Two Spools has a pedal - not feet! I learned how to treadle by reading the manuals of some of my treadles! Putting one whole foot on the pedal and only the toe of the second foot is the recommended method, but I doubt that is the preferred method with a treadle with feet! The main thing is practice practice practice! I remember when I started treadling, I'd just go back and forth and break thread! So frustrating! Now, that seems years ago as I don't even think twice when I sit down to treadle - since treadling is my preferred sewing method now!

Nancy

Nancy
I remember your posts of frustration, help "what I'm I doing wrong", and my husband treadles better than me.
Yup, just practice, practice, and more practice. I too prefer treadling over an e-machine...quieter than an e-machine.
And the rhythm and motion of treadling is relaxing. I think they should put treadles in schools for kids that need motion to learn and retain information-like a reading corner.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
OK, now I know what my Dear Daughter the Artist will do with my machines. Could be worse, she could use the irons for tables. LOL
MisDixie
There are some pretty tables out there, but I prefer the idea of the paper art. I like this gal's work!

Last edited by vintagemotif; 01-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 PM

Your right! This gal works it!
Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
There are some pretty tables out there, but I prefer the idea of the paper art. I like this gals work!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
Ladies, my new home had one needle that I have misplaced!!!! It is 1916 what size needle do I need? I know it is real long. Thanks.
Phylilis- My New Home is a 1917 and it takes a 20x1. I found them at a regular sewing machine shop. They did have some antique machines in their window.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 PM

What a neat way to use old sewing patterns, make sewing machines with them. Now that's ART!!! I like it much better than what they did with the real machine parts.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
Phylilis- My New Home is a 1917 and it takes a 20x1. I found them at a regular sewing machine shop. They did have some antique machines in their window.
thjank you now the hunt begains
Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Here is my Mother's Pfaff 130 in her new permanent home! This cabinet is so cool because the whole front comes out and it is a chair with 2 drawers in the chair! I can keep all the 130's attachments with the machine! She is set up in my sewing room where she should be along with my 319w treadle and my 1222e Pfaff (which is my first sewimg machine)!

Thank you Cathy for the help and the hinges! I will return the unused hinges when I pick up the mocha machine!

Nancy
Hey, cool-you got your hinges! That's a gorgeous cabinet. I wish mine had been in as good shape. Isn't it cool the way the chair fits in? I walked right past mine when I first saw it-I thought it was a sideboard or something. The guy that owned the shop had to point out it was a sewing machine cabinet.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 AM

1850 machine http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2790363150.html
Old 01-09-2012, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
Ok I am drooling!

Nancy
Old 01-09-2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by MrsBoats View Post
Hey, cool-you got your hinges! That's a gorgeous cabinet. I wish mine had been in as good shape. Isn't it cool the way the chair fits in? I walked right past mine when I first saw it-I thought it was a sideboard or something. The guy that owned the shop had to point out it was a sewing machine cabinet.
Yep, I would have walked right by this cabinet too and not even realized it was a sewing cabinet! I love the cabinet - everything about it! It is compact, the chair is hidden and comfortable when out. It has extra storage in the chair. What more could I ask for?

Nancy