Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Honchey
Okay Guys, Does the 128 VS mean a vibrating shuttle? I don't know all the abreviations for the refrences to the machines. Anne
Anne wins the prize!!!!

Yes it is a Vibrating Shuttle and until you had an electrified 128 portable and spooled it up wide open you just do not know the true meaning of Vibrating Shuttle!! I chased that machine all over my bench in the shop is was vibrating so much. So if you have an electrified 128 or any VS machine run it at a slow pace!!

Billy
LOL! Never put 2 & 2 together to figure this out. Duh! VS=vibrating shuttle. Thanks for the knock in the head. I needed it.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 AM

nice collection of machines Weedwoman and welcome to the group. It's a wealth of information from some fantastic people. Thanks people!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Howard
I have 2 old machines I would like to donate to someone. A Singer converted to electric and a Kenmore in a nice walnut table . Don't know much about it. I'm sure it needs and overhaul . How do I go about offering it ?
You just did!!!

But if you go to the for sale/trade section of the forum and post there they will be gone in a jiffy!!!
Thanks. You came thru again.

Billy
Old 07-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
LOL! Never put 2 & 2 together to figure this out. Duh! VS=vibrating shuttle. Thanks for the knock in the head. I needed it.
Don't feel bad. Yesterday I finally figured out what LBOW means. Hint: it was in regards to a 301A.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
nice collection of machines Weedwoman and welcome to the group. It's a wealth of information from some fantastic people. Thanks people!
It sure is. We used Billys tuts to clean up the Red Eye when it came cause it was very grungy. Billy, your tuts are great.....
I forgot to add that I have a wonderful treadle cabinet and it would have been a home for my red eye except it belonged to my MIL and one of my DH's BIL's decided to put a different head in it and he must have had a severe dumb out because he totally butchered it beyond use. So now it sits with my hand crank on it. I'm hoping to run across either a whole cabinet or at least the porton of the top that needs replaced. Gives me something to hope for.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I forgot to add that I have a wonderful treadle cabinet and it would have been a home for my red eye except it belonged to my MIL and one of my DH's BIL's decided to put a different head in it and he must have had a severe dumb out because he totally butchered it beyond use. So now it sits with my hand crank on it. I'm hoping to run across either a whole cabinet or at least the porton of the top that needs replaced. Gives me something to hope for.

You can replace just the top of the cabinet if you find on that you like. It all screws together and they will all interchange.

Billy
Old 07-05-2010, 09:17 AM

You can replace just the top of the cabinet if you find on that you like. It all screws together and they will all interchange.

Billy
Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Billy
I saw one on ebay but it went for like $70.00 and shipping of $50.00. A tad steep I thought.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Banned

I saw one on ebay but it went for like $70.00 and shipping of $50.00. A tad steep I thought.
You can pick them up for around $30 with out a machine in them on CL just be patient Grasshopper......:lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 AM

Oh, I'd like a grasshopper also. hahaha