Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Now your talking WeedWoman!!

Just start looking around the house for useless furniture and start tossing them and placing a sewing machine in its spot!!

Billy
LOL love how you think lostn51, do I really have THAT many guest that sit on the couch hmmmmmm.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:28 AM

Is there some place that gives a listing of what bobbins fit what machines. I have gotten the bug...and currently there are a couple of White's (still trying to find info out on them), an Elna Grasshopper, Singer 15, 101 (need to figure out how to rewire that one), 66 treadle, 66 redeye, 201 (love that way that one sounds when it runs), a 185k (needs the stitch regulator, and a 127 Sphinx. I know the 127 is a VS. A couple of the White's take the bobbins that are flat and quarter size (had one in it when I got it). But the rest??? Nowhere in the manuals does it say, or if it did, I haven't found it. Any help?

Weedwoman, welcome, you are going to love this site.

Kat
Old 07-05-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Now your talking WeedWoman!!

Just start looking around the house for useless furniture and start tossing them and placing a sewing machine in its spot!!

Billy
I've already been offering furniture to my grown grandsons to set up housekeeping and my poor husband is probably scared I'll get rid of his favorite ez chair and park a machine there.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

Weedwoman, my DD is off to college in Milwaukee soon, and guess whats going to fill up her room, lol!
She called me a sewing machine hoarder, LOL, so I told her I'd still keep her bed in there, she'll just have to live with the machines when she visits home, lol!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM

Okay Guys, Does the 128 VS mean a vibrating shuttle? I don't know all the abreviations for the refrences to the machines. Anne
Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Honchey
Okay Guys, Does the 128 VS mean a vibrating shuttle? I don't know all the abreviations for the refrences to the machines. Anne
Anne wins the prize!!!!

Yes it is a Vibrating Shuttle and until you had an electrified 128 portable and spooled it up wide open you just do not know the true meaning of Vibrating Shuttle!! I chased that machine all over my bench in the shop is was vibrating so much. So if you have an electrified 128 or any VS machine run it at a slow pace!!

Billy
Old 07-05-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Weedwoman, my DD is off to college in Milwaukee soon, and guess whats going to fill up her room, lol!
She called me a sewing machine hoarder, LOL, so I told her I'd still keep her bed in there, she'll just have to live with the machines when she visits home, lol!
Have her keep an eye out for more machines......
I'm hoping these pics will come through, they may not be very good and I'll try to do better later on. I didn't take pics of them all.

Majestic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82362[/ATTACH]

Montgomery Ward
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82363[/ATTACH]

One of my 3 FW's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82364[/ATTACH]

Sewmor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82365[/ATTACH]

Singer 301
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82366[/ATTACH]

Singer Hand Crank
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82367[/ATTACH]

Singer Red Eye
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82368[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82357.jpe   attachment-82358.jpe   attachment-82359.jpe   attachment-82360.jpe   attachment-82361.jpe  

attachment-82362.jpe   attachment-82363.jpe  
Old 07-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Pretty machines! I have a Mejestic almost like that, but its a bight blue! LOVE your FW!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 AM

Weedwoman
Very pretty machines. Don't they just warm the cockles of your soul?
Kat
Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Have her keep an eye out for more machines......
I'm hoping these pics will come through, they may not be very good and I'll try to do better later on. I didn't take pics of them all.
Very nice collection!!!