Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 AM

Nancy,
Next time you are over here I'll show you both.
You might have guessed right about the dohicky.
Somewhere in the garage I have a Pfaff light that I think
Has a bracket that may fit the dohicky. I' ll check tomorrow
and let you know.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Cathy, I have seen those Cinderella type machines. The little 3/4 or 1/2 sized machines that come apart. There are a couple people here on the board that have those, but I didn't remember or pay attention to them being a 3/4 size 15! I would love to see them both!

That dohicky on my Pfaff, I think was added. I wonder if it was some kind of clamp to fasten a light of some sort to since it is located directly above the sewing path?

Nancy
Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 AM

Nancy...it didn't take long to get a response from a couple of members of Needlebar! I pretty much just cut and pasted some of your comments, and didn't edit out the things that had already been answered.

Alan's remark was:
Hi All,

Pictures of this fine Pfaff Model H have been posted.
Kaiserslautern, Germany is the location of the Pfaff factory and yes, the little cup is to hold an oil can.
Huttig, Berlin will be a retailer or distributor.
Alan

James wrote:
Charlee,
I'm guessing that it's a light bracket, installed later in life. It's a fine old machine and must be somewhat of a rarity here in North America, dating from well before the days that Pfaffs were imported by distributors. The decals appear to be chrysanthemums. Well, enough speculation from me!
James

And from BJ:
Splendid machine. I have never had/used a Pfaff I could warm up to, but I could love one like that.
How long before you can wrest it from Nancy's possession?

I'm sure there will be more comments as the day goes on, but it looks like you're right about the "doohickey"!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 AM

Oh, and just for the record? Alan doesn't often compliment machines...
Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Nancy...it didn't take long to get a response from a couple of members of Needlebar! I pretty much just cut and pasted some of your comments, and didn't edit out the things that had already been answered.

Alan's remark was:
Hi All,

Pictures of this fine Pfaff Model H have been posted.
Kaiserslautern, Germany is the location of the Pfaff factory and yes, the little cup is to hold an oil can.
Huttig, Berlin will be a retailer or distributor.
Alan

James wrote:
Charlee,
I'm guessing that it's a light bracket, installed later in life. It's a fine old machine and must be somewhat of a rarity here in North America, dating from well before the days that Pfaffs were imported by distributors. The decals appear to be chrysanthemums. Well, enough speculation from me!
James

And from BJ:
Splendid machine. I have never had/used a Pfaff I could warm up to, but I could love one like that.
How long before you can wrest it from Nancy's possession?

I'm sure there will be more comments as the day goes on, but it looks like you're right about the "doohickey"!
Charlee, I love it! Thank you so much for sharing my machine! It is so fun to share something when you are so much in love with it!

Thank you all for your comments too! Joe, if you'd have gotten this machine I would be doing more than drooling!

Nancy
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,
Next time you are over here I'll show you both.
You might have guessed right about the dohicky.
Somewhere in the garage I have a Pfaff light that I think
Has a bracket that may fit the dohicky. I' ll check tomorrow
and let you know.

Cathy
Cathy, that would be so cool if you had the light/whatever that goes in that doohicky bracket on top! I'd bet if anyone has what ever attaches to that doohicky, it would be you!

Nancy
Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 AM

Nancy, your new pfaff is just beautiful. I want you to know that when my DH first saw the cl on here about the machine he couldn't hardly wait for the time zone to be a good time to call. But call he did and they told him they didn't ship. Also want to say he didn't get mad or holler at the man. Just thanked him and hung up. We are so glad you were able to get the machine. He knows it is in good hands. A real beauty.

PS: hope your furbaby comes through the surgery ok.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 AM

So Nancy...how does she stitch?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:05 AM

Nancy, I can't believe people were nasty and expected them to ship it? It would cost a fortune to do that and hours of work to package it for transport! I would never have thought someone who put a CL ad for a treadle would ship it across country... SO GLAD you went and picked it up! Good for you! You need to take some pics of it in action!

Miriam so sorry to hear the news.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Nancy, your new pfaff is just beautiful. I want you to know that when my DH first saw the cl on here about the machine he couldn't hardly wait for the time zone to be a good time to call. But call he did and they told him they didn't ship. Also want to say he didn't get mad or holler at the man. Just thanked him and hung up. We are so glad you were able to get the machine. He knows it is in good hands. A real beauty.

PS: hope your furbaby comes through the surgery ok.
Trish this is so funny! The manager of the Thrift Store, which sells donated stuff to benefit African education, etc., said he was really glad the machine was gone! He was getting tons of calls and e-mails - everyone wanting him to ship the machine! I told him it was because it was a Pfaff treadle, which are not common machines to have! He said he has had several different treadles in the past that didn't get any attention! I am so proud to be the owner of this machine. It was/and is my dream machine. The first sewing machine I ever used was a Pfaff - not a treadle, the first time I ever used a treadle was a couple years ago - but still a Pfaff!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-01-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, I can't believe people were nasty and expected them to ship it? It would cost a fortune to do that and hours of work to package it for transport! I would never have thought someone who put a CL ad for a treadle would ship it across country... SO GLAD you went and picked it up! Good for you! You need to take some pics of it in action!Miriam so sorry to hear the news.
Candace, I will be forever grateful to you for pointing this machine out to me! Monica pointed me in the direction of my Two Spools, my Davis Vertical Feed, and one of my FW's. You guys are just too enabling! I got my 301 from Cathy, because of you guys and your love of the 301's! Now I have to stop! I have a beautiful collection!Nancy