Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 AM

[quote=EC]
Originally Posted by

Nice machine and a great deal!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Billy[/quote

Thanks, the serial number is not far from the one you mailed for Darcene. That one was EV950499, this one is EV952887. Don't seem to be able to find much about it.
So, does this make our machines sisters?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darcene
Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Honchey
This is on ebay for #3200.00 He is in South Texas. Any buyers :lol: :lol: We could all chip in and send them to Billy!!!

I know this guy he is in the service and when he was stationed over in Europe he would buy and fill containers full of these things and have them shipped back to the states on their tab! This is only a few of what he has and he has a lot of them and some really rare ones to boot. These are the okay condition machines and the vast majority of them are handcranks. Treadles were a novelty as such over in the UK and Europe because the flats were usually so small so the hand crank was the power source of choice.

He keeps coming down on them (they started around 8 or 9,000 dollars when he first listed them) but from what I hear he is a great guy to deal with when it comes to buying a machine.

But if you want to buy them for me to play with I am not arguing!!

Billy
Do you really have time to play ? LOL
Old 07-11-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Billy, Here's the number I came up with on this Hilton. Model 566-44A, J-A-20, Ser# 3062. Here's a few pictures also. Got the book and attachments with this one and it uses cams so you can zig zag and make button holes. The machine is all metal even have the orginial price tag. It went at an auction yesterday for $5.00. Having a hard time making it sew the motor is really good but it won't pick up the bobbon thread and when it does it still doesn't sew it skips really bad. :cry: any suggestions? Thanks
Did you try rethreading it? And even threading the needle the opposite direction? My old Singer won't pick up the thread if the needle is threaded the wrong direction.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darcene
Originally Posted by EC

Congratulations!!!

Billy
Thanks, the serial number is not far from the one you mailed for Darcene. That one was EV950499, this one is EV952887. Don't seem to be able to find much about it.

Darcene
I believe so Darcene If you have the email or if you remember which page you machine is one then we will know for sure!!

Billy
Old 07-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Howard
Do you really have time to play ? LOL
I will make time believe me!!!

Billy
Old 07-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mannem
The number on this old Singer is too short to be listed anywhere, or at least where I could find it. Has anyone seen it somewhere? I am really curious.
The numbers you need are stamped on the edge of the bed around the pillar area.

Billy
Old 07-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stefanib123
I love this color, its just too cute! Its a Sears Kenmore model 159.110, serial 5279. The motor has a model number also, and at first I thought that was the model of the machine itself. Its 5185. I think it's a child's machine? Its pretty small, but then again, its made very well, it seems too "advanced"(LOL) for a childs. What do you guys think? It's pretty dirty, I'm getting ready to clean it up.

Again, does anyone know a free place online to find older manuals? I have no idea where to oil this one. I probably wont use it, I mainly got it just to sit in my room since its sooooo cute!
This is the cutest machine sears offered. They offered this one and a fullsized one just like this one. Even the controller the case the accessory box everything was pink!!!

I almost had one but I was out bid on eBey for over $200 for the full sized one with all of the accessories.

Nice machine and hang on to it because it will be the more expensive of all the Kenmores built!!!

Billy
Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by EC

Congratulations!!!

Billy

Darcene
I believe so Darcene If you have the email or if you remember which page you machine is one then we will know for sure!!

Billy
See page 103-

Amazing isn't it? Here we are at page 220--why I remember back when this thread was just a few pages long......where has the time gone? Oh yeah, it was just a couple of months ago.....This has to be one of the all time most popular threads that I know of......Thanks Billy.....
Old 07-11-2010, 01:28 PM

I believe !!!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

See page 103-

Amazing isn't it? Here we are at page 220--why I remember back when this thread was just a few pages long......where has the time gone? Oh yeah, it was just a couple of months ago.....This has to be one of the all time most popular threads that I know of......Thanks Billy.....
I wish that it would be made into its own section so we can keep up with the info a lot better and we can have a better grip on whats going on.

Maybe we need to present it to the Mod Squad and the Boss!!

Billy