Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Miz Johnny or anyone else, what do you know about a "Free" treadle. I have a friend of a friend who wants me to buy her "Free" treadle.

Does the Free take a special needle -- I have enough of those around here? The machine looks really good and it is in a parlor cabinet that completely closes up.

What do you guys think?

Nancy
Here are pictures of the Free Treadle that a friend of a friend wants to sell me. Her parents have passed on and she want to sell this treadle. I think I could get it for under $100? I don't wants it if I have to find a special needle for it.

Nancy
The Free takes a standard needle, and if I could get it for $100, I'd grab it and run.

I have a very nice Free treadle. Unfortunately, it's in my daughter's room, and by the time she's done knocking the knobs off and pouring nail polish on it it won't be worth saving. I have sewn on it, and sews great.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
QuiltnCowgirl that, I am pretty sure, is a Model 15. Look where the tension is - on the face of the machine. A Model 99 has the tension on the front side like most machines. Also, a Model 99 is a 3/4 size machine. Anyone else? I would bet on it being a 15.

Nancy
Oh I get it! I was misunderstanding "face of the machine" vs "front side" LOL (please don't ask what I thought each meant)

I think I can't resist at least calling on the 15 tomorrow & then figure out how to explain to hubby that I am getting a 3rd sewing machine - and another old one at that! (my "current" 2 are a Singer Featherweight & a 403).

Oh, really??? Explaining number three is a problem??? Uh, try explaining number nine (which I still haven't done!!) and then we'll talk! LOL! I'm hoping my newest old machine is a 99..it looks like the one pictured, but not sure....I'll be letting you see it tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Randa

I think I can't resist at least calling on the 15 tomorrow & then figure out how to explain to hubby that I am getting a 3rd sewing machine - and another old one at that! (my "current" 2 are a Singer Featherweight & a 403).

Oh, really??? Explaining number three is a problem??? Uh, try explaining number nine (which I still haven't done!!) and then we'll talk! LOL! I'm hoping my newest old machine is a 99..it looks like the one pictured, but not sure....I'll be letting you see it tomorrow![/quote]

Ladies, no need to explain. There is no explanation to what just "is". I have around 150, and my husband doesn't challenge. (He'd like to, but I'm one mean broad, and he wouldn't dare.) In return, I'm all for him playing tennis and poker whenever he darn well feels like it. We like to see each other happy.
I'm waiting for him to come home right now and help me unload a new shelf so I can get some of these puppies up off the floor and free up some space.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by pennijanine
I am amazed at the educational value of this thread. I don't know how to put in links, but there is a beautiful Davis Vertical Feed on Craigslist in Modesto CA listing. I though someone might like to check it out.
PenniJanine I just called to make arrangements to see this machine!
Well I hope you buy her and stop off at my house on your way home! LOL

This is just like the one I purchased last weekend!! I got the attachments without the case. I paid more and have to buy a belt and do a good cleaning!!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Does anyone recognize what model this machine is?

It is on my local Craigslist for $50, including the cabinet!
I'm not 100% sure but I think it may be a model 99. I would pay that. What is the cabinet like?
Its a model 15-91, has the potted motor on the back.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
Originally Posted by linhawk
I wonder why it said it was a model 69? When I saw the decals I thought Red Eye but after visiting Singer I thought they might have put the same decals on other models.

There IS a Singer 69, but it's an industrial machine: http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...sses-1-99.html

Did you double check your serial number?
Its a model 66, the only model that came with the red eye decals.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Can anyone tell if this is a model 201?
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/for/2163094197.html
I think the light should be in the front of the machine (facing you) Check with Miz Johnny and BoJangles.
The light is where it should be.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM

QuiltnCowgirl that, I am pretty sure, is a Model 15. Look where the tension is - on the face of the machine. A Model 99 has the tension on the front side like most machines. Also, a Model 99 is a 3/4 size machine. Anyone else? I would bet on it being a 15.

Nancy
Oh I get it! I was misunderstanding "face of the machine" vs "front side" LOL (please don't ask what I thought each meant)

Oh, really??? Explaining number three is a problem??? Uh, try explaining number nine (which I still haven't done!!) and then we'll talk! LOL! I'm hoping my newest old machine is a 99..it looks like the one pictured, but not sure....I'll be letting you see it tomorrow!
Trish....these pics are for you...can't get them to you any other way...If you need different views, let me know...I'm not sure what "shape" yours is in, or even if this one is pristine. I think it is. But what do I know..this is the first I've ever seen them!! :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-161753.jpe   attachment-161754.jpe   attachment-161755.jpe  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Nancy

Trish....these pics are for you...can't get them to you any other way...If you need different views, let me know...I'm not sure what "shape" yours is in, or even if this one is pristine. I think it is. But what do I know..this is the first I've ever seen them!! :lol:
Randa, thank you
Old 01-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Thank you all for your help. Mon. I am heading to a Singer shop.
Can hardly wait to start piecing with it.