Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-16-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I did purchase the Davis NVF machine The serial number is 2746650.
Photos of attachments:
See that little button above your tension disk? I bet if you try sewing and push that button your machine goes in reverse! Trish just told me that! Unfortunately, my Davis is older than either Trish's or Randa's so my VF does not have that reverse feature -- I think both of theirs do go in reverse! So will yours! You are so lucky!
Nancy
Thanks! Is that what that button is for? I looked at that while looking the machine over and wondered what it was. I also took the faceplate off and looked inside the machine. The lady was surprised that the inside was cleaner than the outside. I think I made her a bit nervous when I did that since I hadn't said I would be purchasing it at that time.
Interesting mechanics!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
Shhhh....can you keep a secret? I went to Goodwill today and guess what....there were two Singer machines there...I don't know model numbers or anything...I can't get it out to look it over good either...I haven't told the husband yet. GULP! I know I have to sooner or later, but right now it will be later. I only paid $20 for the better of the two...the other was $20 also, but in bad bad shape...It sat and looked at me with that "I dare you to take me home" look on it and I kept thinking...what a great machine to really sink my new found love of old machines into...the wires were all frayed, it was cakes with dirt/grime, Ooohhh...I wanted both so bad!!! On Monday while he's working I'll get it out and look it over and take some picks and you all can tell me what I have, okay? Getting really itchy to get it out!!!
Ok Randa, we will be waiting to see those pictures of your new machines!

You are so hooked now just like the rest of us! Look at Vintagemotif, she now has a Davis VF and she even has a Free like the one I am thinking about buying (different cabinet) but same machine.

Are we all crazy? Well, if we are it sure is fun!

Nancy
Old 01-16-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
I am amazed at the educational value of this thread. I don't know how to put in links, but there is a beautiful Davis Vertical Feed on Craigslist in Modesto CA listing. I though someone might like to check it out.
PenniJanine I just called to make arrangements to see this machine!
Well I hope you buy her and stop off at my house on your way home! LOL
Stockton, off 99
Where do you live?
Pennijanine, Sorry that I couldn't make it to Stockton to show off this alluring lady, just a bit too north for my quick trip. Thanks for posting to check it out. I did get this machine!
I am so glad that you got her!! I will post more as I see them. She deserved for you to get her, she will be treasured, loved and most of all USED. Name her Penni! LOL
Old 01-16-2011, 10:55 PM

I am so glad that you got her!! I will post more as I see them. She deserved for you to get her, she will be treasured, loved and most of all USED. Name her Penni! LOL
Yes, she will be used, treasured, and loved. And from this day forward, she will be known as Penni! Thank you again for sharing this information this morning. :)
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 PM

I did purchase the Davis NVF machine The serial number is 2746650.
Wow--looks like it's in great shape to me!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Vintagemotif I am so jealous! What a steal! That VF is going to be so nice -- you will be able to use regular needles -- no need to pay premium prices for extinct needles like I have to do!

Congratulations! I would of bought that machine in a heart beat! What a good price too! The machine will really look good once you get it cleaned up -- it is already really pretty!

You go girl!

Nancy
I believe I would have as well. I would be looking for a NFV, BUT my mother gave me the one I have, so I'll never part with it.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:47 PM

Yes, she will be used, treasured, and loved. And from this day forward, she will be known as Penni! Thank you again for sharing this information this morning. :)
AAAWWW!!! I was just kidding, I hate my name! LOL
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I have got to have me a hot rod. I like it. When I am not playing with my quilts and sewing machines. I am restoring a 1949 Chrysler Windsor.
Glenn
Got any pictures? Got a spitfire 6 in it? We have a 1953 Chrysler Windsor....not running.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 AM

Randa, would you please tell me what page your Davis is on in this shop? I want to look at your machine and compare it to my Davis VF and I can't find the picture.

Nancy
Hi, Nancy...pics of the Davis are on 533. Let me know if we have twins! :-D
Old 01-17-2011, 06:25 AM

Nancy-congratulations on your new white 221. Have you had the time to try it out?