Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1332 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 332 832 1232 1282 1322 1331 1332 1333 1342 1382 1432 ... LastLast
Results 33,276 to 33,300 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Candace, I have had that machine for so long it is second nature for me - yes, the button tells you what you need to do!

Sharon or Candace do you need a manual? http://s2.vsmgroup.com/VSM/Pfaff/pfaffmanual.nsf
    Nancy
    Nancy,
    I have the manual and have tried out some of the stitches, they don't look quite right. Most of the time I use my
    Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 875 for decorative stitches, she does them so well. )
    Sharon W.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Yes, thanks, I downloaded one. I now need to order up some bobbins and maybe the snap on 1/4" foot you recommended to me. Then I should be good to go! Do you FMQ with yours? I was very surprised that it was so quiet and smooth. I do love my 301's for FMQ, but they are a bit noisy. The foot makes a bit of a clicking sound. Which can be a bit of a headache when there are a bunch of us sewing together.
    Candace,
    I FMQ with mine, I have the original darning foot and I don't think it works as well as the snap on darning foot.
    I also bought a modern ankle for it so I can use current feet, the ankle was expensive; but worth every penny.
    Sharon W.

Yes, I have that ankle. I got it so I can get a snap on 1/4" foot. I want the one without the guide. I find the original FMQ foot works great. Is it possible you don't have the stitches stabilized enough? Or you need to play with the tension? I found I have to lower the top tension for all of the embroidery stitches. Which is also what I have to do with most other machines with embroidery stitches, like the 401 etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Candace,
    I FMQ with mine, I have the original darning foot and I don't think it works as well as the snap on darning foot.
    I also bought a modern ankle for it so I can use current feet, the ankle was expensive; but worth every penny.
    Sharon W.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Candace, 5???? Really??? LOL Maybe it's time to share??? LOL
    I know, huh? I feel almost guilty:>

Yes, I have that ankle. I got it so I can get a snap on 1/4" foot. I want the one without the guide. I find the original FMQ foot works great. Is it possible you don't have the stitches stabilized enough? Or you need to play with the tension? I found I have to lower the top tension for all of the embroidery stitches. Which is also what I have to do with most other machines with embroidery stitches, like the 401 etc.
    Candace,
    I'll try your suggestions about the top tension settings and see if things improve.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Hahaha!! No you don't!! :-)

Blog Entries
    Don't be. Most of us are green with envy even those of us who have a 301. We'd just like to have another one for company kinda like the 2 dogs or 2 cats are company for each other.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Don't be. Most of us are green with envy even those of us who have a 301. We'd just like to have another one for company kinda like the 2 dogs or 2 cats are company for each other.
    That's our story and we're stickin' to it!! :-) Sometimes my Ida (black 301a) gets lonely being an only!! I have thought about finding another 301, but there are other machines I want, too, so not lookin'!

Blog Entries
    OK, anyone who can help with info on a bobbin spool can for a National Two Spools? CD? Cathy? Pat? Or an alternate way to use the machine without the can?

Almost impossible. Once they are separated from the machine, seems like they are never seen again. You would likely only find another spool can on a machines itself.

Oh MAN!!! How hard is it to find the can? No one else here better try to get it, now!! LOL Well, I'm really serious....I kinda want it if we can find the bobbin can. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
    Almost impossible. Once they are separated from the machine, seems like they are never seen again. You would likely only find another spool can on a machines itself.
    It would be nice to see what a spool can looks like....some of us are rummagers, but I for one, wouldn't have the foggiest idea of what to look for if it set on a table in front of me!! Any one have a pic??
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Blog Entries
    This is interesting! This is a CLs ad that has a link to a gentleman's blog at bottom of ad. On his blog are some video demos of various vintage machines that he has clean up. I recommend starting at his Oct 2011 blog. Fun read! His blog is very educational as well! I can't afford his present machine that he is selling, but it is a gorgeous looking Bernina 317.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/2899355903.html
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 04-06-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    It would be nice to see what a spool can looks like....some of us are rummagers, but I for one, wouldn't have the foggiest idea of what to look for if it set on a table in front of me!! Any one have a pic??
    Here is the link with images of the Two Spools "can": http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...n-t179788.html

Blog Entries
    If you read his Nov 1 2011 blog, there is a video demonstrating a gorgeous Singer 31K15 with a wheel attachment.
    This attachment aids in sewing curves.

http://ucansew2.blogspot.com/2011/11/singer-31k15.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
    I'm going to call today & see if I can get a picture of the front. It may not even be anything I want, but out of curiosity I have got to see that front side!!
    I called...first time I dialed it rang twice and hung up. I dialed back and it went straight to voice mail. Great - another one of "those" CL ads. Not wasting my time or breathe any further. If they call, they call. If not, oh well no big deal.

Blog Entries
    I called...first time I dialed it rang twice and hung up. I dialed back and it went straight to voice mail. Great - another one of "those" CL ads. Not wasting my time or breathe any further. If they call, they call. If not, oh well no big deal.
    Wonder if the front has missing parts or is damaged. Oh well, you tried!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    If you read his Nov 1 2011 blog, there is a video demonstrating a gorgeous Singer 31K15 with a wheel attachment.
    This attachment aids in sewing curves.

http://ucansew2.blogspot.com/2011/11/singer-31k15.html
    I notice he is mostly showing how to sew on leather.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Here is the link with images of the Two Spools "can": http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...n-t179788.html
    Thanks, Monica. If anyone finds one, please grab it up!! :-) I might just buy that machine and hang onto it until I find the can...too risky? Someone advise me, please!! Wait? Buy? 8-&
    Last edited by jljack; 04-06-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, one of "those" it sounds like!! Too bad. But those 60's machines show up all the time, so no loss.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, one of "those" it sounds like!! Too bad. But those 60's machines show up all the time, so no loss.
    the guy is probably trying to collect emails or phone numbers or something..... he sure isn't selling a machine.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Monica. If anyone finds one, please grab it up!! :-) I might just buy that machine and hang onto it until I find the can...too risky? Someone advise me, please!! Wait? Buy? 8-&
    Buy the machine for your backup machine, parts. One day a Two Spools will show up for you!

Blog Entries
    Thank you mods for making the sticky threads!!!!

OK, anyone who can help with info on a bobbin spool can for a National Two Spools? CD? Cathy? Pat? Or an alternate way to use the machine without the can?
    Sorry, I'm no use! I don't have a two-spool and have never gone can hunting. Cathy has one though.

pat

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFOI...re=uploademail
    If you find mitred corners tricky when binding a quilt, this method may be the answer for you. No fancy gadgets needed - just hairgrips and an unpicker on a new video by Muv - grab some tea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFOI...re=uploademail
    If you find mitred corners tricky when binding a quilt, this method may be the answer for you. No fancy gadgets needed - just hairgrips and an unpicker on a new video by Muv - grab some tea
    I love MUVs tutes!