Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Anyone know about a Singer RFJ8-8 made in England? Green in color. Went to the Singer site, but couldn't find anything. It really looks like a 301, but with a straight shank.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee
Wow...check this one out!! I'd break down and steal to get this machine (cuz I sure couldn't afford it!! :lol: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Miniature-S...item5ae11d931a
you've got expensive tastes....
Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by irishrose
My 301, AnnieRose, was shipped with a new foot controller. Her little groan is coming from the upper gears which have been lubricated with the Singer lube in the blue tube. How much different is Tri-Flow?

The Stylist still seems stiff. I think it's going home with my GD. She can get along w/o the ZZ.
It does seem to be slicker - When it is dried out it goes to a dry powder rather than gummy
If you haven't oiled your AnnieRose you might want to open up the top and oil her - if she is gummy - I have my suspicions... you might want to clean her up with some kerosene and dissolve some of the gum. If you switch to tri flo you want to STAY with it. You can get CLEAR high grade sewing machine oil and it would help too. I like the tri-flo because I don't like cleaning up after gummy messes - been there done that.
There's several oil wicks in 301's top cover, just put a drop of oil in each one; also make sure you get a drop of oil in all the oil holes throughout the entire machine.
I just might have to get my 301 out and see if I can get her to make a pretty stitch.
Sharon W.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Wow...check this one out!! I'd break down and steal to get this machine (cuz I sure couldn't afford it!! :lol: )

I nearly fainted when I saw the price. OMG!!
Sharon W.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by irishrose
My 301, AnnieRose, was shipped with a new foot controller. Her little groan is coming from the upper gears which have been lubricated with the Singer lube in the blue tube. How much different is Tri-Flow?

The Stylist still seems stiff. I think it's going home with my GD. She can get along w/o the ZZ.
It does seem to be slicker - When it is dried out it goes to a dry powder rather than gummy
If you haven't oiled your AnnieRose you might want to open up the top and oil her - if she is gummy - I have my suspicions... you might want to clean her up with some kerosene and dissolve some of the gum. If you switch to tri flo you want to STAY with it. You can get CLEAR high grade sewing machine oil and it would help too. I like the tri-flo because I don't like cleaning up after gummy messes - been there done that.
There's several oil wicks in 301's top cover, just put a drop of oil in each one; also make sure you get a drop of oil in all the oil holes throughout the entire machine.
I just might have to get my 301 out and see if I can get her to make a pretty stitch.
Sharon W.
OK. Thanks for all this info. I didn't open the top of my 301 at all. I'll have to do that this weekend. Thanks again!!

I put up a dozen pints of homegrown carrots today, they are in my huge pressure canner even as I type this. Dh grew Nantes variety of carrots this year. They are yummy and sweet. :thumbup:
Sharon W.

Originally Posted by jljack
Anyone know about a Singer RFJ8-8 made in England? Green in color. Went to the Singer site, but couldn't find anything. It really looks like a 301, but with a straight shank.
I thought those were the Singer 185K; looks more like them.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:06 PM

I put up a dozen pints of homegrown carrots today, they are in my huge pressure canner even as I type this. Dh grew Nantes variety of carrots this year. They are yummy and sweet. :thumbup:
Sharon W.
I'll be right over! I love eating carrots and hummus. I'll bring the hummus. I bet your garden looks great! You have a good size garden.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by jljack
I thought those were the Singer 185K; looks more like them.
Yes, you're right. I didn't make the connection from the posting I saw. They must have been looking at the numbers on the motor. It is a 185K.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:38 PM

I nearly fainted when I saw the price. OMG!!
Sharon W.

I have been watching it rise this afternoon! From $932 to almost 1800.00!! This one is going to be fun to see the end of!