Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2012, 06:30 AM

Candace, there's a treadle on our CL that someone scratched a number into the machine just above the stitch regulator. Been there awhile and will probably stay there.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Yep, I like the fish, too. It would be perfect at the cabin...... very nice machine.

Looks like I'm going to have to make YELLOW spool protectors now:>!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
Candace, there's a treadle on our CL that someone scratched a number into the machine just above the stitch regulator. Been there awhile and will probably stay there.
Wow. Amazing what people think of!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
I don't think it can be treadled easily. The motor and belts are under the bed of the machine. To remove them would be major. One of its belts has 73 cleats running up through the machine. I sent a photo of the plug in to A-1 Sewing, who has been around as long as I can remember. He sent back a message that that belt is no longer in production. I will just keep checking e-bay and googling until I eventually find a belt. I don't want to change anything about this machine! It will just occupy a nice shelf in my sewing room for now! There are a couple very old repair guys around here I will check with too!

Nancy[ATTACH=CONFIG]344256[/ATTACH]

This is what the plug in looks like - a little different!
Nancy, you mention both plugs and belts. I thought you were just looking for a plug? I just bought a belt for my 332 and I had to wait close to a year to get one (original belt, new/old stock) as I couldn't pay $60 for a rubber belt!!! I finally got one for $55. So plan on spending in the $55-$70 range for a belt for these. I bet they make a rubber lug reproduction. I had to hunt on google for quite some time, but they're available. It's just really hard to pay so much for a rubber belt when typically it only costs a few dollars for other machines. But, I bit the bullet and did it. The belt is sitting here on my counter and I'm planning on getting my 332 up and running today. The 332 took an 84 cleated motor belt.

Make sure you specify in your orders and search, which belt you're looking for. They have two belts, a motor belt and another belt.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
This is what the plug in looks like - a little different!
Nancy, I think all you need is a plug for the one on the left. The slant one on the right is for European wiring. http://shop.sew-classic.com/Lead-Cor...SCE-50346N.htm if they are out http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/lea...g-machine.aspx I'm thinking the machine was marked US and Europe on the plugin area

Last edited by miriam; 06-24-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 AM

Nancy, here's a replacement belt. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PFAFF-259-26...#ht_1022wt_973

I hope you don't need both of them. It looks like this seller also carries foot controls and cords. Maybe shoot them an e-mail and ask if they have everything you need?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, here's a replacement belt. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PFAFF-259-26...#ht_1022wt_973

I hope you don't need both of them. It looks like this seller also carries foot controls and cords. Maybe shoot them an e-mail and ask if they have everything you need?
The belts looked ok when I checked it out

Last edited by miriam; 06-24-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:17 AM

Nancy, Here is a Pfaff 260 in treadle. What is the difference between yours and this one, besides age?
I would guess if this one could be treadled that yours could too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344312[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2012-06-24-9.13.34-am.png  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Up North View Post
Try rubbing alcohol ,google removing sharpie ink and you will find tips but that is the one I was most often. I have also heard that covering the marks with a dry erase marker and wiping it off with a soft cloth will work.
Try Windex window cleaner. My grandson wrote all over my son's monitor and it took it off. Grandson lived!
Jan on 446
Old 06-24-2012, 09:24 AM

Love the Yellow Brother and the Pfaff. My Yellow Brother, Miss Miriam is the shiz nit for sure. I finally made a quilt with her and quilted it with my Pfaff 230, which is easier for me to quilt on, because it is in a cabinet. Miss Miriam is quiet and fast. Miriam had told me it was free wheeling, and it is awesome. I posted the quilt and its story on the quilt page.

I went yard saling yesterday, and there was a 80's Kenmore that looked like it had never been used, and a babylock EA 605 serger (I suspect it followed a worker home from our garment factory years ago)that had a broken needle. Each was priced $20, but I checked back at the close of the sale, and turned out to be 2 for $20. The Kenmore is about the cleanest machine I have bought, with a sears carrying case. Serger will sew and cut, after I replaced the needle. It is amazing how much user friendly sergers have gotten....mine uses regular needles and threads easy, but I had needles for this one anyway, from a 3 thread Singer 14U, I got for free a few years back from our high school home ec department.

Good day all around.