Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2012, 12:33 PM

I use a necchi cab with singer heads,,, on mine the singer base is maybe 1/4 " to 3/8 " wider,,, maybe less, the singer would not sit flush. I used it that way for years in fear of moving the hinges . last week I finally moved the hinges, because of the necchi hinge shape, The hinge spacing is the same. I did have to file a notch so the machine could tilt back..I really don't think anyone would notice
Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 PM

Nancy, to make things even more confusing, I believe some of the 360's have either had the receptacle changed out or later models were changed, because some of them have 3 prongs-or at least when you google 360 cords, 3 prong cords come up. The 360 I have is just like yours, however. Cathy gifted it to me in hopes that it could be a part machine for my 332. And, this is why it's sat there. I've not been able to get a foot control for it. It needs repairs, but I can't get started on it until I get a foot control. So, I'm also waiting patiently:>

So, when you're shopping around for the control make sure the end is the wonky pronged one and not 3 prongs.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 PM

Jenn, Jenn... did you go back and get that Federation machine???
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
This is the set up and the Pfaff 360 is just like it. If you can't get the combo plug anymore, yes you can get the separate power cord(easy to find) but the foot control will be harder, and more expensive.
Ok you guys, I think Miriam and Phil are right. We plug[ATTACH=CONFIG]344404[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]344406[/ATTACH]ed in the Pfaff using the cord from the pink Sterling and everything runs! I have a separate plug in under the back of the bed that plugs in the foot/knee control. I don't have any idea what the slanted female side is for - it is NOT the light - not on this machine? Candace can you plug in your machine with a different cord - not using the slanted female side - to see it your machine runs? I think Miriam is right? We actually don't know what the female slant is for - the machine runs without it?

Candace?

Nancy

Actually, Rod says maybe the female slanted side is for a foot pedal, since this machine was wired with the little short cord for a knee control? I am confused, but it appears we don't need the slanted plug in? Candace do you have the little connection for the foot pedal I am showing here?[ATTACH=CONFIG]344410[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pfaff-260-plug.jpg   pfaff-260-footpedal.jpg   pfaff-260-end.jpg  

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-24-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:37 PM

Got the New Home back together again and clutch now works. Yeah!! Happy Dance here. Part of the issue was me and part was that the top hat piece that the handwheel sits on also was coming off with the handwheel - it was filthy! So I got all pieces cleaned and putting it back on with the drop of oil and then the handwheel slides off the tophat piece. So I finish putting back on the tophat, clean the handwheel piece, oil what's supposed to be oiled, and put her back together again with small frstration moments. However, the clutch now disengages like it's supposed to and also re-engages appropriately.
Since I'm having senior moments today, I'll have to check to see if I cleaned everything else or I now start the bobbin cleaning fun and under the faceplate. Still waiting on technical expertise to help me resize the pictures.
Chris
Old 06-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Folks- Deb Rowden put my quilt on her blog! debrowden.blogspot.com I'm excited! Laura
Old 06-24-2012, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
well, I set out this morning fully intending to go back and see if it was still there and make an offer. I stopped at another sale along the way. I immediately spotted a sewing machine in a dirty white case, from the 70s likely. Some nelco machine I'd never seen or heard of, very dirty. well used. The lady saw me looking at it so I asked her if it was the only sewing machine she had and she said no, she had another she hadnt put out yet. She pulled out a little blue and white case and my heart skipped a beat. Opened it up to reveal an immaculate white FW 221...picked it up for 90.00. It will be my daughter's as she's been wanting a sewing machine in her room, and none of my cabinets will fit with her other furniture. After I bought that I didn't go on to the other sale. I guess if she's meant to be mine the owner will call or email me. I had to resist....but I still want the other one too!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344064[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344065[/ATTACH]
Great find at a great price, Jenn. It is indeed very clean. Your daughter will love it!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:12 PM

Need some help. The feed dog bar on my New Glenwood (National?) rides against a cam/knuckle on another bar that come from a connector at the bottom of the column. However, it appears it is missing some kind of spring or other piece that holds the feed dog bar against the cam. Anyone have any ideas what should be there? The machine is trying to sew, but the feed dogs just kind of bob around and don't move the fabric. When my DH holds the bar against the cam, the feed dogs move properly. Do I need a picture? If anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate it!!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Nancy, the slanted part of the outlet is for the foot control. I don't have that extra bit you have. I suspect yours is like that because it was in a table and came that way originally for the knee control or was rewired by someone? If you don't need the foot control you are set to go! Many of these machines have been reconfigured to bypass the foot control/outlet combo because they are near impossible to get and cost a fortune. If you can somehow take a picture of how the wiring meets the inside of the machine, I'd love to see that. Because, maybe I can rig something like what you have!

The vintage Pfaff yahoo group has lots of info. Are you a member?

Last edited by Candace; 06-24-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:19 PM

A picture is worth a 1000 words .... or so they say.

It really might help answer your question. I'm not familiar with your machine. But (I'm guessing now) it's a shuttle machine (?). If so then it's probably like my two New Homes. Both of them have springs that work with the feed dogs as they ride on their cams. I've had to clean, clean, clean, those areas so the dogs don't bind up on their mechanisms.

Joe