Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Jenn, the Minnesota is an Early Davis Minnesota A before they started putting the "A" on them. Bobbins, shuttle, and Davis long needles will work on your new Vertical Feed you got from the museum. Could use the SN# when time permits to add to the collection.

Jon
Old 08-03-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
yep. I averaged out paying about 6.00 per machine for all of those. Not bad at all!
Scrap metal value is about that, 13 cents a pound last time I checked, and there worth a lot more than scrap!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM

Today I just found out , there are aftermarket parts for almost all singer industrails[/QUOTE]

yup, because a lot of them are still in use! when they get too old to be used in this country, other parts of the world still have them going strong. With the massive power outage in India, I bet the people who had treadles and hand cranks and could keep sewing were pretty happy about it! laura
Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Jenn, the Minnesota is an Early Davis Minnesota A before they started putting the "A" on them. Bobbins, shuttle, and Davis long needles will work on your new Vertical Feed you got from the museum. Could use the SN# when time permits to add to the collection.

Jon
Jon I will get that for you tomorrow. Didn't even link the Minnesota to Davis, even though I knew that somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
Today I just found out , there are aftermarket parts for almost all singer industrails
yup, because a lot of them are still in use! when they get too old to be used in this country, other parts of the world still have them going strong. With the massive power outage in India, I bet the people who had treadles and hand cranks and could keep sewing were pretty happy about it! laura[/QUOTE]

And imagine the replacement cost.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 PM

Oh my, what a day! Used the Morse 300 for piecing today and discovered what a sweetheart of a stitcher it is. The added bonus is the fact that it can be treadled if need be! I now need a Morse Fotomatic.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan View Post
Oh my, what a day! Used the Morse 300 for piecing today and discovered what a sweetheart of a stitcher it is. The added bonus is the fact that it can be treadled if need be! I now need a Morse Fotomatic.
only downside to the Morse is the weight. I can barely lift mine. if i found one in a table though....laura
Old 08-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
only downside to the Morse is the weight. I can barely lift mine. if i found one in a table though....laura
too bad you don't live close - I must have 40 or 50 tables to get rid of...
Old 08-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Power Poster

Jennb,
That machine is not listed at Ismacs but the 61 series is listed and here is a manual that should work: http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...s0-99/61w2.jpg
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
too bad you don't live close - I must have 40 or 50 tables to get rid of...
Do you have one with lots of drawers and a fold over top? On the large side maybe? Looking for a work table to use as a machine test bed for those I've worked on. Doesn't need to be mint just useable without having to work on it first.

Joe