Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Y'all will find the humor in this. We finally made it out of the house and into town to run a few errands. I told hubby as we were driving into town that I was waiting to hear back from a lady on CL so I could go pick up a treadmill. Aside from sewing machines its the only thing I've been looking for on CL because I haven't been able to run since moving out here. Anyway, She was supposed to call me when she got home and we could swing by on the way home and pick it up. I told him I was paying 25.00 for it. A few hours later we are just about finished with our errands and she texts to say she's home. As we are heading over there Zach asks me, now how many treadles do you already have and whats so special about this one?! I think his brain automatically assumes everything I buy that isn't food is sewing related.
I can relate to that. lol

Texas Jan
Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Skip is up here loafing - you can't have him... He just blew up his bed... He and Pat are resting up for tomorrow. We plan to hit up all the antique stores tomorrow then play in the shop on Monday and see how it goes. I think we are going to do wiring. If you are in the area stop on by.
You for sure got your $20 worth. You are going to have to do some clean up. The bobbin case is going to set you back a bit. I got one for a FW from sew-classic and it worked just fine.
I hope it was an air mattress that he "blew up" and not a regular bed that exploded. lol I think Texas is a bit far for me to stop by, but it does sound like lots of fun. Please show Skip the pictures. I will be in touch with Sew Classic when I get a chance to get this one going. I know they have quality stuff.

Texas Jan
Old 08-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Jan let me double check before you get that casing to make sure i dont have an extra one. I should have looked closer when i was trying to see if Alex had one for it and made sure i grabbed the right one.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Jan,

Yes, I believe some of the early 9W's did use the donut bobbins. I don't know if you can use the 221 / 301 bobbins in them or not. Both of mine came with the flat sided bobbins and I don't have an example of the other one to try.

Joe
I have both, so no problem either way. It will be awhile before I get to the needing bobbins stage. Nice to know that I did remember correctly.

Texas Jan

Texas Jan
Old 08-04-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Jan let me double check before you get that casing to make sure i dont have an extra one. I should have looked closer when i was trying to see if Alex had one for it and made sure i grabbed the right one.
OK--It is the same one as your White Featherweight has.

Texas Jan
Old 08-04-2012, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Chris,
I'd love to see pics of it. I'll never understand some people. 50 years ago when treadles were more common using them for flower planters could be understood ... sort of. But now, I don't know.

The wooden pitman arms can be fabricated. There is a web site, (Treadle On?) that has an article on how to do it.

Joe
I rescued the cabinet so it didn't end its life in a flower garden or vegetable garden but Have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I am downsizing the herd so this is one I'm willing to let go to someone who wants it for its intended purpose and not as a planter.
I believe I have reas an article on how to manufacture to wooden pitman arms/rods but can' remember where now.
I'll get pictures tomorrow and post them on here.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

you hoo everybody, Glenn has a very, very nice rewired Singer 15 he is wanting to sell. I donno what he wants for it If you live anywhere near here or Huntsville or between give a yell and he might drop it by. It will be reasonable.... He's off line until he goes home though so yell at me... If you live somewhere else I'll help him pack it up. I'm real good at it... I understand you almost can't get the machine out... LOL...
Old 08-04-2012, 08:13 PM

Miriam, if I find a Morse Fotomatic will it fit into the Morse 300 cabinet? I've been on this board for a bit over a year. During this time, I have learned SO much from everyone! Thanks to all ya'll!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan View Post
Miriam, if I find a Morse Fotomatic will it fit into the Morse 300 cabinet? I've been on this board for a bit over a year. During this time, I have learned SO much from everyone! Thanks to all ya'll!
The only way to know that is to try. I'm thinking some of the machines will fit into a Singer cabinet. Kenmore's and others will not. You have to measure the machine then measure the pins distance on the machine and on the cabinet.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
you hoo everybody, Glenn has a very, very nice rewired Singer 15 he is wanting to sell. I donno what he wants for it If you live anywhere near here or Huntsville or between give a yell and he might drop it by. It will be reasonable.... He's off line until he goes home though so yell at me... If you live somewhere else I'll help him pack it up. I'm real good at it... I understand you almost can't get the machine out... LOL...
I vouch for Miriam's packing ability! When she packs em, you will work to get em unpacked! I would have her ship a machine any day!

Nancy