Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 PM

Hi Laura,
How's your never ending scrappy quilt coming along? I'm working on my PP state stars, moving slowly on them.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MistyK View Post
thanks. Definitely going to have to do the liquid wrench. I don't understand why anyone puts them in so tight that they can't be removed. I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow. Appreciate the help. Thanks
I use a piece from a screw driver that fits in a socket and a box wrench to get the throat plate and feed dog screws out because of the space. Heat might help too. Those work loose if they aren't on tight. I've also had a very long screw driver ground to an angle - it was stolen.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MistyK View Post
thanks. Definitely going to have to do the liquid wrench. I don't understand why anyone puts them in so tight that they can't be removed. I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow. Appreciate the help. Thanks
Ask any and all questions on these machines....several people on here, including me, have 301s and have done work on them ourselves. Wait until you can sew on her...you'll love it!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 AM

I know this is a long shot. But does anyone have a Pfaff 332 parts machine? I'm looking for the motor belt in decent condition. I simply can't and won't spend $49-$70 on a new belt:< I'm hoping to find a used one to bring the machine back to life. PM me if you have one:>
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM

Candace, can I ask a question without making you angry with me?

OK here goes anyway.

There are certain parts to a car or a sewing machine that it makes more sense to buy new than used. Belts, spark plugs, fuel injectors, and for the sewing machines, belts, needles, light bulbs and that kind of thing.

Yet I read your comments on how you'd would rather chance a used belt than buy a new one.
That does not make sense to me.
Maybe it's a guy thing, but if the machine was in otherwise good and useable condition I'd drop the coin and buy a new belt for it.
And I'm not well to do at all, I just don't want to do the job over again.

Joe
Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 AM

Candace, try here. They give dimensions of all the belts, so maybe you can find one that will fit. None appear to be $47. http://www.bohnwebdesign.com/statewide1.html#Belts
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Candace, try here. They give dimensions of all the belts, so maybe you can find one that will fit. None appear to be $47. http://www.bohnwebdesign.com/statewide1.html#Belts
Thanks, but the belt is special to Pfaff and has 84 cleats, which is a hard one to find.

Last edited by Candace; 03-14-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Candace, can I ask a question without making you angry with me?

OK here goes anyway.

There are certain parts to a car or a sewing machine that it makes more sense to buy new than used. Belts, spark plugs, fuel injectors, and for the sewing machines, belts, needles, light bulbs and that kind of thing.

Yet I read your comments on how you'd would rather chance a used belt than buy a new one.
That does not make sense to me.
Maybe it's a guy thing, but if the machine was in otherwise good and useable condition I'd drop the coin and buy a new belt for it.
And I'm not well to do at all, I just don't want to do the job over again.

Joe
I'm not angry, Joe. But, I'm also not rich either. And I'm not willing to spend $70 on a belt for a machine I paid $30 for. I do have emotional attachments to some of my machines, I admit. This one in not on that list. So, if I can't get a belt for it for a reasonable amount I will part it out. Some machines just don't make sense to repair financially. And donor machines are necessary or we'd all be out of luck looking for parts. These belts were very well made and I don't mind a used one.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 AM

Here's my latest addition. It's a New Home made by Janome in Taiwan. It's model #352 and I couldn't find much info. on the net about it. It's a class 15 type. I was gifted this machine as I'm sure the owner couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I've spent over 2 hours on it cleaning, oiling and refurbishing. It needed light repair, the tension assembly had to be broken down and fixed and the bobbin case was broken. Luckily, I have another class 15 bobbin case I could use. It makes a nice straight stitch now and is fast little machine.
Attached Thumbnails img_7413.jpg   img_7408.jpg  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:37 AM

Candace,

Is this the motor belt or the timing belt. The timing belt goes frim the upper shaft the the lower shaft?
Cleats indicates it is a timing belt.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I know this is a long shot. But does anyone have a Pfaff 332 parts machine? I'm looking for the motor belt in decent condition. I simply can't and won't spend $49-$70 on a new belt:< I'm hoping to find a used one to bring the machine back to life. PM me if you have one:>