Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Anyone near Sayerville, NJ? Here's a bargain for ya!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Reli...item1e6bf13fd6
It's adorable!!! And it says Reliable. I love it! I say that's an excellent deal.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
When's the road trip?
If you and Nancy want to go...let me know. I would just be a looky loo though and I don't want to waste his time. But, I know you and Nancy have the big bucks, so I could tag along guilt free:>:>:>
Old 03-13-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
If you and Nancy want to go...let me know. I would just be a looky loo though and I don't want to waste his time. But, I know you and Nancy have the big bucks, so I could tag along guilt free:>:>:>
Candace,
I'm the one that looks for the deals, the free machines. I doubt he would just give away one of his lovelies for free.
It's a bit of a drive just to gape at his collection; so, I really doubt that I will be making this trip.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:32 PM

Hi. I am looking for help please. I posted a few days ago about a 301 that belongs to a lady I have been working with. I was having problems with the bobbin hanging to upper thread and breaking it. It was suggested that I check for dust bunnies and burrs. I am not seeing dust bunnies and have some rust. I asked about removing the bobbin carrier and was told it came out from the top. The bobbin and bobbin holder are out but the feed thingys seem to be blocking the carrier. Do I remove the feed thingys and will the carrier come out easily. I am sorry to keep asking but it seems like a good machine if I can get it working. Or maybe I should just pay someone to fix it for me. I would prefer to do it myself so I will know. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Candace,
I'm the one that looks for the deals, the free machines. I doubt he would just give away one of his lovelies for free.
It's a bit of a drive just to gape at his collection; so, I really doubt that I will be making this trip.
Yeah, I'm kind of with you on this one.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by MistyK View Post
Hi. I am looking for help please. I posted a few days ago about a 301 that belongs to a lady I have been working with. I was having problems with the bobbin hanging to upper thread and breaking it. It was suggested that I check for dust bunnies and burrs. I am not seeing dust bunnies and have some rust. I asked about removing the bobbin carrier and was told it came out from the top. The bobbin and bobbin holder are out but the feed thingys seem to be blocking the carrier. Do I remove the feed thingys and will the carrier come out easily. I am sorry to keep asking but it seems like a good machine if I can get it working. Or maybe I should just pay someone to fix it for me. I would prefer to do it myself so I will know. Thanks for any help.
Yes, by all means remove the feed dogs if they get in your way. They are only attached by two screws.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 PM

Thanks. I am trying to get the screws out. I think they used a tire tool to put them in. I hope I can get them out and then get the bobbin carrier out.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 PM

Many of them are pretty stuck. Don't strip them or you'll be very sorry. They are not easy or cheap to replace. Use liquid wrench and follow the directions on the bottle if they aren't budging. I've paid $5 plus shipping for one bobbin assembly screw....
Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Actually, Paypal can probably help you out. Go to their customer service page and fill out the form. At the very least, you can get your money back. I have had paypal help me in a couple of tough situations and they were very efective. People who need paypal for their business do not want to get cut off from it, and that is exactly what PP will do if they feel people are using their service fraudulently.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:21 PM

thanks. Definitely going to have to do the liquid wrench. I don't understand why anyone puts them in so tight that they can't be removed. I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow. Appreciate the help. Thanks