Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Busy, busy!! Have a brand new granddaughter, Skylar Ann!! As a result of her coming a bit early, I've been sewing like mad trying to get her quilt done..."Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow", right?

Other than that, just our busy summer season at work...oh! And a new kitten in the house!
Charlee, Congrats! Your new granddaughter has a beautiful name. Please post a photo of the quilt that you are making for her.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:33 PM

Miriam, Those kids are too cute! I love the look on Wilbur's face. Wonder what was going through his mind at that moment (Have tool will fix or maybe disassemble). Glad to see kids enjoying vintage machines.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

No telling what goes through that boy's head - what ever it is it's serious.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]427197[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails little-sewing-machine-mechanics-005.jpg  
Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 PM

Miriam they are too cute. I could use a helper too.
I just finished up the Minnesota H and posted a picture of it in the Photos thread. http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...30994-128.html
~G~
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

Grant it is beautiful!

I would have gotten a lot done with no helpers but helpers are a lot more fun. I love it when they 'get it' - up until now, for her, it has been something to do at Grandma's house. Now I think things have changed. She was very excited when she made it work. Wilbur just wants to turn things with a screw driver and pour oil on things. He is a bit scary.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Grant it is beautiful!

I would have gotten a lot done with no helpers but helpers are a lot more fun. I love it when they 'get it' - up until now, for her, it has been something to do at Grandma's house. Now I think things have changed. She was very excited when she made it work. Wilbur just wants to turn things with a screw driver and pour oil on things. He is a bit scary.
LOL. How did the hand crank work for them? Did they try it out?
~G~
Old 07-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Mercy really wanted the HC on the Cinderella and was very disappointed that the wheel would not go on it. She tried out the HC on the 66 and it suited her fine until she figured out the other kids were getting more Grandma time than she was so she went off in a pout. I couldn't turn Wilbur loose at all... Lovie was making progress and 'getting it' poor Mercy... There will be other times.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
would really love to find a 301 and a 15. Guess I'll keep looking. You never know what will pop up.....

My name is Nanna (Jean) and I have a lovely hobby..... keeps me out of trouble and I have so much fun with it.

My name is 'cherry,' and I have a small hobby and I too would like a 301 or a 15 to stale in my shed.

cherrybsixty
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
I have the bug, but limited mostly by space: Only about 15: My GF will issue marching orders if I buy even a featherweight (I ran it by her yesterday)! "But they're soooooo cute!"

Mike, let her know that comes in it's own little box and she won't know that it's there, if you take away it scent.

cherrybsixty
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM

Hi Charlie, Congrats on the new grandbaby. Now get the quilt finished for her lol
Skip