Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-11-2014, 04:18 PM

Rodney, will put more pictures on here tomorrow. We don't think it should be threaded twice either just trying different things. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:26 PM

Also need to know room number and which hospital. Card sent. Hope she recovers soon.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Also need to know room number and which hospital. Card sent. Hope she recovers soon.
The link goes to the right hospital and she is in intensive care so they will find her - the one I sent last night went through this morning with no room number. If she gets a room number I'll post it.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The link goes to the right hospital and she is in intensive care.
So sad that she's had such a bad run Miriam: Hope she gets well soon.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:26 PM

Sorry I'm late to the thread. Extra thoughts and prayers from me this evening.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

Ashleah may never have any children - too bad. She is a very sweet gal but the cancer may have nixed her chances. We love her to pieces anyway. She is the sunshine in my son's life. He met her in Florida over 10 years ago. They emailed every day for maybe 3 years. Then she found a boy friend. She went her way and he gave up and found a wife. Unfortunately that was a total disaster and another story. About 2 years ago, he was hit by a drunk driver. During his recovery her dad saw what was going on with him on Facebook and suggested that she contact him. She did and they chatted a lot and got together. Then a year ago he moved to Florida where she lives and they got married on the beach a week later. They have been married about 10 months. They have been very happy soul mates. I'm hoping people do send cards. He needs to see them, too. When he moved to Florida he started playing music in the coffee shops and a couple pubs. He's been getting pretty popular but we are wondering if that will all fold now that she has had a stroke. She may be losing her high paying job because of it. He put out an album about the times he was working through the divorce and accident with the drunk driver and meeting Ashleah.
http://calebhawkins.bandcamp.com/album/wood-and-wire if you want to listen. I think he did a good job. A lot of musicians have had him record their stuff.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:44 PM

Miriam,

Our hearts and prayers are with your DIL and your entire family. May God heal your DIL . We will stay tuned. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do!

Jeanette
Old 09-12-2014, 02:31 AM

Dear Miriam,
Sending many prayers for your DIL, your son and your entire family. Praying for a full recovery for her.

Susan
Old 09-12-2014, 04:50 AM

Well now I hate to ask questions about my machine now after reading all the above post. DH and I are hopeing for a full and speedy recovery to your DIL and your whole family.

Sooo here's my question. On this machine we have threaded it several different ways and changed the needle and rethreaded the bobbon. Still can't get it to pick up the bobbon thread and sew. If anyone has any suggestions they would be apprecated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails p1011056.jpg   p1011057.jpg  
Old 09-12-2014, 04:53 AM

I put the thread through the tension then up to the take-up and back down to the hook next to the tension knob. Or are you supposed to go through the tension then the hook and up to the take-up?