Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-02-2015, 04:24 PM

So...who else has broken/seriously injured their toe by stubbing it on their Featherweight case?

Bueller? Bueller?
Old 06-02-2015, 04:55 PM

Trust me- cast iron hurts even more than a case!
Old 06-02-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Trust me- cast iron hurts even more than a case!
I can believe that!

Too bad I didn't trip on the Gatling gun on stored near where I work...then I could tell people "oh, it's an old Gatling gun injury..." Makes for a much more interesting story!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:10 PM

Tool boxes are also hard on tyes especially twice within 5 minutes. Did that once. Hurt like the dickens and had to wear boots afterwards to add salt to the wound.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:32 AM

A while back someone here tripped over a machine and broke her leg. Or am I remembering that wrong.
~G~
Old 06-03-2015, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Skylark53 View Post
Too bad I didn't trip on the Gatling gun on stored near where I work...then I could tell people "oh, it's an old Gatling gun injury..." Makes for a much more interesting story!
As a friend of mine likes to say...."Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!" LOL
Old 06-08-2015, 07:26 PM

I have a chance of getting my aunt's Singer 500. It is a state away. I called the ups box store and they want $358 to ship it to me. I feel that the machine is not worth that much money. I can not drive up and get it as it would cost me more than that is gas and it would not fit in any of my cars. It is in a large three drawer cabinet. I looked on the internet company for trucking firms and most of the ones in the area are one to two truck companies. I do not want to use just any company. Does any one have any ideas or am I just going to have to pay the fee? Kathie
Old 06-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
A while back someone here tripped over a machine and broke her leg. Or am I remembering that wrong.
~G~
That's not how it happened. I did trip but I only fractured my ankle. First day of vacation back in January. But believe it or not it wasn't a sewing machine, sewing machine table, sewing machine case, or sewing machine tools. It was a curb. LOL
Old 06-09-2015, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
That's not how it happened. I did trip but I only fractured my ankle. First day of vacation back in January. But believe it or not it wasn't a sewing machine, sewing machine table, sewing machine case, or sewing machine tools. It was a curb. LOL
Miriam, I remember someone that tripped inside and broke something. I hope this is not contagious.
~G~
Old 06-09-2015, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S View Post
I have a chance of getting my aunt's Singer 500. It is a state away. I called the ups box store and they want $358 to ship it to me. I feel that the machine is not worth that much money. I can not drive up and get it as it would cost me more than that is gas and it would not fit in any of my cars. It is in a large three drawer cabinet. I looked on the internet company for trucking firms and most of the ones in the area are one to two truck companies. I do not want to use just any company. Does any one have any ideas or am I just going to have to pay the fee? Kathie
Ouch! I'm not sure it's worth that much either, kind of depends on how sentimental you are and how close you were to your aunt!

How far away is it? Would renting a pickup to go get it be a cost savings? Is there anybody in your family that could haul it halfway for you and you come meet them with a pickup?

Or you could possibly sacrifice the cabinet and just get the machine head? That should cost significantly less to ship.

Good luck!!