Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 AM

[quote=Lacelady]
Originally Posted by Darcene
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Can anyone tell me about the belt that seems to be in white FW's.....

I hope this information is of some use to you.....
Thanks Darcene, so what it boils down to is that the internal belt doesn't seem to be likely to need replacing, but that I couldn't dunk the whole machine in something nasty to clean it?

And also that if the belt were to deteriorate, it can be replaced?

If that's the case, perhaps I can stop worrying, as I am highly unlikely to want to clean her that way. Many thanks.
You've summed it up very well Lesley,
The internal belt can be replaced-but shouldn't need to be so long as you don't use the dunk and clean method.

Darcene
Old 08-17-2010, 08:44 AM

Ohh I forgot to ask

The guy gave me the 66-16 to replace the 66-1 in the cabinet because the 1 has the back clamp attachments and the 16 has the side.

He said I could take the treadle hand wheel off the 66-1 and put it on the electric 66-16.
BUUUUTTTTT I dont wanna do that lol

I like the 66-1. So to make the 66-16 a treadle do I really need to get a different hand wheel and if so does anyone know where to find them.

I look on e-bay and only found a few. None for the 66

I read a blog about changing them and they said that you dont need to change the hand wheel.
IS that true can I just pop it into the treadle and not change it?

Thanks everyone for your help
Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I will PM you

Billy
I will be on the lookout.

I wanted to give a positive plug for my Ebay transaction. I contacted to seller to let them know the shuttle was the wrong size and he gave me a partial refund, and let me keep the shuttle. (there were other things w/the purchase that is why it is a partical refund). So, not all seller are hard to deal with. I thought it was very kind of him to do that since I should have thought to check the measurement of the shuttle. Of course, this is all new to me, so I did not think about it. Learn from me...check the size of stuff before you buy, LOL!!!

Billy I will measure my shuttle and get back to you :lol:

Jenna
Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 AM

Billy or Charlee:
Or whoever knows. I just found out my sister has an old antique Singer sewing machine. She just sent me pictures. I'm going to try and post them. All she knows is that it's a 1924. I'm waiting for her to send me the serial number, but any information you can tell me about it that I can share with her would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I hope I can post the pics.

Edit: OK, the pictures won't come thru. I will have to have her send them to me a different way. I can tell that it is a coffin top treadle with a VS bobbin. Will try to get pics up soon for more details. Thanks!!!

Edit 2: OK, I was able to get the pictures up. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Edit 3: Here's the serial number: Serial # F398749. Thanks again for whatever info you can provide.

all the accessories, but no manual :o(
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98744[/ATTACH]

better picture of attachments, bobbins and shuttle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98745[/ATTACH]

looks like the serial number might be F3887, but that doesn't seem like it has enough numbers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98747[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-98737.jpe   attachment-98738.jpe   attachment-98739.jpe   attachment-98740.jpe   attachment-98742.jpe  

Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Yes there is a spring for the tension and they are available I think I have a few here in my stock. Regular 15x1 needles are the norm.

Billy
Yes, I will need to purchase one, but Billy I mean the wire thingy not the spring that makes the tension tighter or loser? I need the wire thingy the thread goes thru after going thru the tension disk. Does my machine need one of those? It doesn't appear to ever have had one?

Nancy

Thank you Billy!

Nancy
Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention, if anyone knows which machine this is that I posted pics of, I need to locate a user manual for it. Thanks everyone. Also, my sister is joining the group. When you get a chance, please welcome tonsau7 to the group.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
My new machines

A post on here way back in May had a letter form a man named Charles. He lives in Western Pa and wanted to get rid of some of his machines.
I emailed him and told him my situation. I was looking for a singer 66 or 15 to use as physical therapy as I am disabled.
I told him that I had a Domestic but that I didnt not want to use it for therapy work as it is old and hard to find needles and parts for.

Well Chuck and his wife were the NICEST people I have met in a long time.
I'll bet it was Chuck and Jeannette Galbach?? Two of my favorite people.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Billy or Charlee:
Or whoever knows. I just found out my sister has an old antique Singer sewing machine. She just sent me pictures.
Oh boy--she has a 3/4 treadle--a model 28. Fairly scarce. I would love to find one some day!!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Ohh I forgot to ask

The guy gave me the 66-16 to replace the 66-1 in the cabinet because the 1 has the back clamp attachments and the 16 has the side.

He said I could take the treadle hand wheel off the 66-1 and put it on the electric 66-16.
BUUUUTTTTT I dont wanna do that lol

I like the 66-1. So to make the 66-16 a treadle do I really need to get a different hand wheel and if so does anyone know where to find them.

I look on e-bay and only found a few. None for the 66

I read a blog about changing them and they said that you dont need to change the hand wheel.
IS that true can I just pop it into the treadle and not change it?

Thanks everyone for your help
You can use it in the treadle without changing the wheel. I think people change out the wheel because it treadles a bit easier (not all that noticeable to me) and because it looks more authentic. Replacement hand wheels are easy to find--let me know if you can't find one.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Billy or Charlee:
Or whoever knows. I just found out my sister has an old antique Singer sewing machine. She just sent me pictures.
Oh boy--she has a 3/4 treadle--a model 28. Fairly scarce. I would love to find one some day!!
Thanks Miz Johnny:
Is there anything else you can tell me about it! What about where to find a manual? Thanks, I appreciate it!