Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM

hey found a cool looking machine at goodwill. I love the shape of the machine. To me the curve is very interesting. Take a look:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6622360
Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Annaquilts, I went in and looked at the Pfaff and it is not in very good shape. I was surprised they think it is worth so much. Do you know how old it is?

Nancy
I don't know how old it is. I fully agree that the asking price seems very steep considering the shape it is in. It seems whenever there is a Pfaff treadle the asking price is very high. they are just more rare I think atleast this side of the Atlantic.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Ohh I forgot to ask

The guy gave me the 66-16 to replace the 66-1 in the cabinet because the 1 has the back clamp attachments and the 16 has the side.

Thanks everyone for your help
Maybe a much easier idea????

My 66 1914 was a high shank back clamp too. We then bought a low shank 66 for parts and DH switched the foot holding posts,the one for the foot. It took about 10 minutes. Both the parts machine and the treadle work.

You take the chrome side plate off, unscrew the foot tension screw. Half way, there is a small screw to loosen. Keep track of your parts and order and you should be able to rebuild both machines with reversed feed shafts.

Good luck!

Thanks for trying to explain it to me but for some reaosn I am not visualizing it. I will have hubby look at what you wrote to see if he can.
I have no problem with the black clamp as I mostly only do a reg straight stitch but it would be nice to have a side clamp and not have to use 2 machines
Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip
hey found a cool looking machine at goodwill. I love the shape of the machine. To me the curve is very interesting. Take a look:

Jackie, it is a cute machine. The shape almost resembles a hammer. Very unusual looking!

Nancy
Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip

Very interesting lookng machine. If I was in the market for another one I might just have to bid on this one, but I'm content with what I have right now. It is a very cool looking machine tho.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Hmmmm, no still didn't work. I go to the page, put in the 28. It says "free download". I click on it and I get three options, open in Google Chrome, Save file, download file later. I've tried it the first two ways. All I get is a page with bullet pointed links and when I click on them I get a page error. I've tried this several times now on different days and different ways. Nothing seems to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting frustrated!!!
Sorry, I can send them to you if you need, just let me know.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Hmmmm, no still didn't work. I go to the page, put in the 28. It says "free download". I click on it and I get three options, open in Google Chrome, Save file, download file later. I've tried it the first two ways. All I get is a page with bullet pointed links and when I click on them I get a page error. I've tried this several times now on different days and different ways. Nothing seems to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting frustrated!!!
Sorry, I can send them to you if you need, just let me know.
I finally got it, thank you. Someone sent it to me. I do appreciate it tho.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM

I'm guessing Billy and Charlee have been really busy with other life issues. They seem to be pretty scarce lately. I know Billy had to take Lola back to the doctor. I hope she is still doing well. Can't wait to hear from you guys. You're going to have a bunch of reading to catch up on, LOL.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 AM

Someone sent it to me. I do appreciate it tho.
No problem, glad you finally got the info.

Jenna
Old 08-18-2010, 08:41 AM

I'm guessing Billy and Charlee have been really busy with other life issues. They seem to be pretty scarce lately. I know Billy had to take Lola back to the doctor. I hope she is still doing well. Can't wait to hear from you guys. You're going to have a bunch of reading to catch up on, LOL.
Yes it has been kind of quiet around here. I too hope Lola is ok :D

So how is everyone doing today? Been looking at CL and Ebay for my little elusive FW. The guy in Marylard relisted his white FW for $100. I keep begging him to ship but he won't. Guess it is not the machine for me....I am holding out on Doug wanted to get rid of one of his babies :roll: