Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Here's a dumb question - I have a singer 237 in cabinet and need to have it serviced. Do I just take it out of cabinet & cart it to a service repair center? Also, one of the little hinge thingie is loose in the cabinet anyone know how to fix it?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by misseva
Here's a dumb question - I have a singer 237 in cabinet and need to have it serviced. Do I just take it out of cabinet & cart it to a service repair center? Also, one of the little hinge thingie is loose in the cabinet anyone know how to fix it?
You tip the head back and back the little grubs screws out just to
get the machine out. They won't come to your house.
(that would be lovely) Remember your forklift. lol
Old 10-22-2010, 04:18 PM

hi ah805701 on back cat lostin its me again what can you tell about this old machine? singer bz 6-8 sau52s-16-2 suzieQ
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aorlflood
There is an auction on the 30th that my DH & I are going to. They have a 503A in a cabinet. Anybody have any ideas how much is reasonable to bid up to on this machine?

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/962113/fp49.cgi
That is a gorgeous cabinet!!!! And the machine aint so bad either....... :lol: That one could go for a chunk of change just because the cabinet it is in is a fine piece of furniture. Follow your heart on this one and show us the photos of it when you bring it home!!

Billy
Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by suzieQ
hi ah805701 on back cat lostin its me again what can you tell about this old machine? singer bz 6-8 sau52s-16-2 suzieQ
Its a 221 FW allotted on Oct 1 1948!!

Billy
Old 10-23-2010, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
There is an auction on the 30th that my DH & I are going to. They have a 503A in a cabinet. Anybody have any ideas how much is reasonable to bid up to on this machine?

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/962113/fp49.cgi
Wow that is a gorgeous cabinet and machine. Good luck!

Nancy
Old 10-23-2010, 05:08 AM

I PM'd you this am but after reading the first in this string I think maybe this is a better way to reach you. I was looking Craigslist and there is a Singer, white in a white case with the fold down front like a featherweight. Do you think it could be one? I could copy it and send you a pic. They only want $65 obo. I already emailed them but haven't heard back. If it is I will be sooo excited to find one and get it you wouldn't believe. They didn't give numbers or anything to date it, just a picture.Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100889.jpe  
Old 10-23-2010, 05:16 AM

I am sew excited! A lady called me and said she had a friend that wanted to give me some sewing machines. I called her and she said they were her grandmothers and I could have them she also said she has one smaller size one that was her Grandmothers I am wondering if it could be a featherweight, I have till wait till Tuesday to check them out! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
I am sew excited! A lady called me and said she had a friend that wanted to give me some sewing machines. I called her and she said they were her grandmothers and I could have them she also said she has one smaller size one that was her Grandmothers I am wondering if it could be a featherweight, I have till wait till Tuesday to check them out! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
I hope it is a featherweight!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by loya99
I PM'd you this am but after reading the first in this string I think maybe this is a better way to reach you. I was looking Craigslist and there is a Singer, white in a white case with the fold down front like a featherweight. Do you think it could be one? I could copy it and send you a pic. They only want $65 obo. I already emailed them but haven't heard back. If it is I will be sooo excited to find one and get it you wouldn't believe. They didn't give numbers or anything to date it, just a picture.Thanks.
It looks like a Singer 301, not a featherweight, but the 301 is an excellent machine, full size, light weight. I think I would at least look at it for that price.

BTW, the color is mocha. It also came in LBOW, which stands for light beige/oyster white and in black.