Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

    Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 PM
      #61  
    Super Member
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Huntsville, AL
    Posts: 2,609
    Default

    no1jan was looking for a bobbin winder, I found a site that might have one. [email protected] I do not know if the prices are fare or out of line. Billy can answer that for you. Iam always looking for parts. You never know when you might need one, my old machines are tough and really have never neede much. Glenn
    Glenn is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
      #62  
    Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: Winfield Kansas
    Posts: 6
    Default

    Ok. I hope I am doing this right. I am a lurker, love quilts(have several old ones), but have a FW question. Where do I find the serial number for my machine? I know it is made befor 1954, my mom got it second hand and sewed on it all my life, then gave it to me. This question has probably been answered befor, but couldn't find answere.
    Patty in Ks is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
      #63  
    Super Member
     
    Charlee's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 6,442
    Default

    Originally Posted by Patty in Ks
    Ok. I hope I am doing this right. I am a lurker, love quilts(have several old ones), but have a FW question. Where do I find the serial number for my machine? I know it is made befor 1954, my mom got it second hand and sewed on it all my life, then gave it to me. This question has probably been answered befor, but couldn't find answere.
    Hi Patty! Welcome to the board! You're doing it just right, btw! :)

    The serial number on your FW should be on the bottom of the machine, and should have two letters, followed by a series of numbers. On machines made in the US, the serial numbers all start with "A". On machines made in Kilbowie, Scotland, the serial numbers all start with the letter "E".

    Hope this helps!
    Charlee is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM
      #64  
    Super Member
     
    Charlee's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 6,442
    Default

    Originally Posted by Deborah Rae
    This is a picture of the machine I just purchased this weekend. Near the post there is letters and numbers AF 307167. on the bottom of the sewing machine there is the number 16 and another set of numbers 32685
    Deborah, according to your serial number, this machine is a Model 66, and that number was commisioned on August 27, 1939. :)
    Charlee is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 PM
      #65  
    Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: Winfield Kansas
    Posts: 6
    Default

    OK mine says AL207590. Where do I go to find out about my baby?
    Patty in Ks is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 PM
      #66  
    Banned
    Thread Starter
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Bikini Bottom
    Posts: 5,652
    Default

    Originally Posted by no1jan
    My question is he says there are attachments. Would they fit my Model 66-2 treadle and what would be a good price to offer for them? I don't know what attachments they are just presser feet.
    They will fit. Most of the low shank Singer attachments will fit all the low shank Singer machines machines. Ask to see a photo of the attachments and email it to me and I can give you a ball park figure as to what to offer.

    Billy
    Lostn51 is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM
      #67  
    Banned
    Thread Starter
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Bikini Bottom
    Posts: 5,652
    Default

    Originally Posted by Patty in Ks
    OK mine says AL207590. Where do I go to find out about my baby?
    Dec 12 1952 is the date it was allotted and 50,000 of them were in that run.


    Billy
    Lostn51 is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
      #68  
    Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: Winfield Kansas
    Posts: 6
    Default

    Thank you so much. Now I can tell my girls the date and do more than guess. Thanks again. Patty
    Patty in Ks is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
      #69  
    Junior Member
     
    summerstorm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Candler, NC
    Posts: 146
    Default

    Hi Billy,

    Wonderful information, I have always enjoyed redoing furniture and cleaning old textiles. Can't wait to find an old machine to play with.

    Sharon
    summerstorm is offline  
    Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
      #70  
    Super Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Upstate New York
    Posts: 2,004
    Default

    Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Originally Posted by no1jan
    My question is he says there are attachments. Would they fit my Model 66-2 treadle and what would be a good price to offer for them? I don't know what attachments they are just presser feet.
    They will fit. Most of the low shank Singer attachments will fit all the low shank Singer machines machines. Ask to see a photo of the attachments and email it to me and I can give you a ball park figure as to what to offer.

    Billy
    Well I told the guy I would buy the attachments for $30.00. The way the e-mail went I think the machine is also included, not really sure. I want the attachments.

    Model 128 = Case
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9928[/ATTACH]

    Model 128 = bad shape
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9929[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-9928.jpe   attachment-9929.jpe  
    no1jan is offline  

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off


    FREE Quilting Newsletter