Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Well, back home from a girl's weekend. The machine diet continues as the one I was going to look at near her house was sold. Did not get to go to any thrift shops. I did see a White in a parlor cabinet in an antique store in Placerville. They were asking too much.

I did not know my friend had a treadle. We took it out and it is a beautiful Singer 66K serial F6103032, with the brown lotus decals in very good condition. I was not sure if it was just dirty or if they made that model with black side faceplate and feet?

Happy to see everyone else has had a great time finding new machines.
Lisa we did not have any luck this weekend either. DH went out to look at a 301 in a case but when he got there found out it was in very bad shape. The picture in the add was taken from online of a 301 that was in great condition with attachments, case and booklet. The one they actually had was nothing like it. So DH left it. Maybe next weekend.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend though helping your friend rediscover her treadle.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip

So Miz Johnny, what is your favorite machine?
Whichever one I'm sewing with at the time!! I love my singer 201 (treadle, handcrank, electric) for light work--sewing clothing or piecing. I really like the WW machines: #8 treadle, #9 HC, 9W (Singer) treadle. They will sew through anything. Most Class 15 machines. The 306. See what I mean?? I do use my 99HC quite a bit, as it's easy to carry around.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

It would be nice if we had a picture gallery of each model and the different decals for each model.

Nancy
You don't have to be a member of Needlebar to look at these pictures:

http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/index.html
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Darcene
The OSMG that I bought the bobbins and lubricant from said that all of the Singer model numbers that I gave him were great machines and that I would be very happy with them.....with the exception of the 319....he said that their internal gear belts may break and that they cannot be replaced....I had not seen that information here and I sincerely hope that he is exaggerating the gear issue....does anyone have any input on this?
Well-they "may" break, but I've had several, and none have been broken so far. This includes models 206, 306, 319, and 320. What you DO need to do is go right now and order a box of 100 needles, as they have been discontinued.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

It would be nice if we had a picture gallery of each model and the different decals for each model.

Nancy
You don't have to be a member of Needlebar to look at these pictures:

http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/index.html
Way Cool!! I was wondering if there was somewhere that we could view decals.
Thank You Nancy
:XD:
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 PM

http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/index.html[/quote]

Way Cool!! I was wondering if there was somewhere that we could view decals.
Thank You Nancy
:XD:[/quote]

I agree "Way Cool," but the address for Needlebar came from Miz Johnny -- so thank you Miz Johnny! I checked it out and yes it is a cool site to go to to see the different decals Singer used!

Nancy
Old 08-31-2010, 01:00 PM

Do any of you have an Eldridge treadle? There is one for sale here for $50. The pictures of the treadle are very nice! I am debating getting the machine -- I really don't need it, but it looks so nice! What do you guys think about the Eldridge?

Nancy
Old 08-31-2010, 01:11 PM

Do any of you have an Eldridge treadle? There is one for sale here for $50. The pictures of the treadle are very nice! I am debating getting the machine -- I really don't need it, but it looks so nice! What do you guys think about the Eldridge?

Nancy
I have an Eldredge B treadle, but am missing the release knob on the wheel, so have never been able to get it running.
Sorry, not much help.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:18 PM

Nancy
Nancy, I am sorry that I can't help with this one....the only treadle I have (so far) is a Singer.....
Old 08-31-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BZ quilting
[
I have an Eldredge B treadle, but am missing the release knob on the wheel, so have never been able to get it running.
Sorry, not much help.
Have you checked with Billy to see if he has the part, or have you tried to find the part on-line? The machine I am looking at (from the pictures) is complete, but I don't want to get a machine I can't use! Do you know if the needles are rare, common, a pain in the neck to find? What about the bobbins? I am hesitant because I like to use every one of my machines!
I have tried researching the Eldridge, but not much luck looking on-line.

Thank you for your help!

Nancy