Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by BZ quilting
[
I have an Eldredge B treadle, but am missing the release knob on the wheel, so have never been able to get it running.
Sorry, not much help.
Have you checked with Billy to see if he has the part, or have you tried to find the part on-line? The machine I am looking at (from the pictures) is complete, but I don't want to get a machine I can't use! Do you know if the needles are rare, common, a pain in the neck to find? What about the bobbins? I am hesitant because I like to use every one of my machines!
I have tried researching the Eldridge, but not much luck looking on-line.

Thank you for your help!

Nancy
I could not find any help online either. Billy doesn't seem to have a knob, but haven't looked on line, they must be kind of rare, you don't see them too often.
Don't remember what kind of needle, mine has a shuttle.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 PM

[
I have an Eldredge B treadle, but am missing the release knob on the wheel, so have never been able to get it running.
Sorry, not much help.
I could not find any help online either. Billy doesn't seem to have a knob, but haven't looked on line, they must be kind of rare, you don't see them too often.
I just checked e-bay, they have an Eldredge B on sale right now for $115. That machine is nothing like the one for sale here for $50. The one I am looking at is very ornate looking like the old Singers. I am really fighting with myself on whether I should get this machine or not -- I am a sucker for the really ornate looking decals. I am becoming like Billy -- I like them without cords, but I do like my FW and my 99K too!

Nancy
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM

Do any of you have an Eldridge treadle? There is one for sale here for $50. The pictures of the treadle are very nice! I am debating getting the machine -- I really don't need it, but it looks so nice! What do you guys think about the Eldridge?

Nancy
Nancy, which model is it?
Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM

Do any of you have an Eldridge treadle? There is one for sale here for $50. The pictures of the treadle are very nice! I am debating getting the machine -- I really don't need it, but it looks so nice! What do you guys think about the Eldridge?

Nancy
Nancy, which model is it? They take different needles depending on the model. A lot of them take 20 X 1--a very common size.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM

Nancy
Sorry, not much help.
Do you mean the clutch knob??
Old 08-31-2010, 02:47 PM

[
Sorry, not much help.
Have you checked with Billy to see if he has the part, or have you tried to find the part on-line? The machine I am looking at (from the pictures) is complete, but I don't want to get a machine I can't use! Do you know if the needles are rare, common, a pain in the neck to find? What about the bobbins? I am hesitant because I like to use every one of my machines!
I have tried researching the Eldridge, but not much luck looking on-line.

Thank you for your help!

Nancy
Eldredge B is a chain stitch machine.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:12 PM

Anyone looking for an electric 201? There's one for sale here for $50. I have no idea anything about it, but it's been up for sale for a while.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Nancy
Sorry, not much help.
Yes the knob you turn to wind a bobbin.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM

Yes the knob you turn to wind a bobbin.
Can you post a picture of the machine and the knob area? I have some extra ones around here somewhere; not sure if they are the right ones, but will look.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Banned

Hi Everyone. I have my Grandmother's machine. It is sitting in our hallway inside the cabinet. We brought the cabinet back to its original wood, spruced up the sewing machine and it works.

I have such fond memories everytime I pass it. My grandmother died in 1978 and to this day I miss her terribly. We were very close.

I can remember sewing on that machine at her house.

I will take a picture of it on Wednesday for you. Maybe someone can give me facts on it.