Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-02-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Here are pics to the treadle I bought!!!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57479-1.htm

Ready for help!!! For starters, where is the best place to order parts, and do I need a special needle?

Thanks,
Jenna
Wow Jenna, my girl friend told me she has a treadle that is a "free" and I thought she must be mistaken, but this just proves she knows what she is talking about! It is cute!

Nancy
Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM

[quote=Lostn51

Anyway, they wanted $275 for the machine. The only numbers on the machine were on the base of the head and they both started with a number that was separate from the rest of the numbers.

I would have to see the machine to say what it is but the price sounds way to expensive.

Billy[/quote]

Thank you Billy, I didn't buy the machine because I thought it was over priced also.

Billy I also have a 99K serial number EL260583 -- What year is this machine? Sometime in 1956?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 04:04 PM

Here are a couple more pics. Also, read the manuel and the notch is supposed to be there :oops: !!!

opened
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90681[/ATTACH]

one more head shot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90682[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90676.jpe   attachment-90677.jpe  
Old 08-02-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Wow Jenna, my girl friend told me she has a treadle that is a "free" and I thought she must be mistaken, but this just proves she knows what she is talking about! It is cute!

Nancy
LOL, never heard of them myself until Sat when I saw this one. I actually thought it said Freeman on the top, not just Free.

Jenna
Old 08-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Billy would you look at your Singer 9W (Wheeler/Wilson) and see if your little wire that is connected to what the diagram refers to as the "thread controller" is connected on both sides. My little wire is not connected on the right side. I think I need a new 'thread controller' thing or at least the wire?

Can I get that part?

Nancy
Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Here are a couple more pics. Also, read the manuel and the notch is supposed to be there :oops: !!!
I really love this machine and the cabinet is to die for!! Free always had some gorgeous decals with lots of colors, and was a really high quality machine.

Billy
Old 08-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy I also have a 99K serial number EL260583 -- What year is this machine? Sometime in 1956?

Thanks
March 13 1956

Billy
Old 08-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Hey guys I need some info. I have a machine that the stamped serial number is: B1299706. I go to the Singer records and discovered that is a Model 66 made in 1905.

It had a motor attached. The Motor is a Pfaff. So the motor had to have been added at a later time. There is no Singer badge on it, but does have a Singer decal. The presser foot bar is a type of "Revco". The thread take up lever, the presser foot handle are both solid black. Almost like they have been painted. It does have decals, but very simple. I have yet to find another 66 that is that plain. The only one that looked close was the industrial. The Tension assembly was not orginal.

So is this just a refurb of whatever parts where available? Should I try to replace with orginal parts? Just wanted to share and see what ya'lls ideas on this was.

Thanks,
Jackie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90694.jpe   attachment-90695.jpe  
Old 08-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Anyone good at naming feet?

I have some feet that were in the drawer of my machine.
I know several of them but most I do not know how to use

1. I dont know what it is
2. Is a ruffler but I dont know how to attach it
3. Is a regular foot
4. Has a turn under for like edges I think?
5-9 I think these are binders although I have no clue how to attach them to the machine.
10. Is not a foot but I dont know what it is or what it goes with. It has the domestic star so I know it is for something
11. Have no clue what 11 is

I can also take more pictures.
Plus I have a singer ruffler I dont know if I can use that on my machine
I'm not to sure on the feet. But #1 is a tucker for making tucks or pleats. #2 is a ruffler, # 3&4 can't really see what they would be for unless they go on the presser bar to hold the other attachments. #5-9 are different hemmers. #10 is a edge stitcher or for sewing lace. #11 looks like an open toe for quilting or applique. If you could pm Charlee she is the one that knows whats what on attachments.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jackkip
Hey guys I need some info. I have a machine that the stamped serial number is: B1299706. I go to the Singer records and discovered that is a Model 66 made in 1905.

It had a motor attached. The Motor is a Pfaff. So the motor had to have been added at a later time. There is no Singer badge on it, but does have a Singer decal. The presser foot bar is a type of "Revco". The thread take up lever, the presser foot handle are both solid black. Almost like they have been painted. It does have decals, but very simple. I have yet to find another 66 that is that plain. The only one that looked close was the industrial. The Tension assembly was not orginal.

So is this just a refurb of whatever parts where available? Should I try to replace with orginal parts? Just wanted to share and see what ya'lls ideas on this was.

Thanks,
Jackie
Jackie that is a refurb and they used decals ordered from the Singer dealer. It is a nice machine and what do you think about the Revco presserfoot tension. I have one on a 66 Red Eye that I robbed parts of of for Anne's 66.

If I were you I would clean up what you have maybe find a singer motor if you want to keep it electric and enjoy the machine!!

Billy