Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned

Sweet score on the Featherweight!!! Yes it does help to ask about machines and notions. I am hoping to score a couple of machines Tuesday a Kenmore and a White both will be fully serviced and will be resold.

Billy
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM

Eariler my DH showed you his two red heads and a blonde now I want to show you my two red heads and a blonde. I made these pin cushions today.

two red heads and a blonde
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96660[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96655.jpe  
Old 10-17-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I would love to have a Red eye that isn't a rusted mess.
Any old machines in this area are usually rusted and expensive or if they're not rusted they are $300+
People are just shocked that anyone would actually use an old machine, especially a treadle.
I'm in love with the Singer coffin top treadle cabinet I bought on Wednesday night, it just needs hinge pins now. Someone removed them at some point. They are smaller than the more "modern" treadle cabinets, the round part that screws into the cabinet measures 5/8"
I like your treadle with the coffin top that you just purchase; I like the style of that cabinet, simple and sleek.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Eariler my DH showed you his two red heads and a blonde now I want to show you my two red heads and a blonde. I made these pin cushions today.
Those are soooooo cute!!!

Nancy
Old 10-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I would love to have a Red eye that isn't a rusted mess.
Any old machines in this area are usually rusted and expensive or if they're not rusted they are $300+
People are just shocked that anyone would actually use an old machine, especially a treadle.
I'm in love with the Singer coffin top treadle cabinet I bought on Wednesday night, it just needs hinge pins now. Someone removed them at some point. They are smaller than the more "modern" treadle cabinets, the round part that screws into the cabinet measures 5/8"
Pitty I see them here regulary but indeed they will run about $100-$200 and up. Yesterday I saw one for $75 and it was nice. Just keep checking one will come your way.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 AM

I've had people tell me that I can't possibly make quilts with a treadle machine. :x Obviously I can because I do! :roll:
What do they suppose our ancestors used them for??
Old 10-18-2010, 01:15 AM

My mother-in-law- left me her old tredal shewing machine. But atlas I never got it. Someone else that was keepingit for me when she died sold it. Would love to come across a featherweight. Anyone know what they are going for?
Thanks. Love this shection of Quilting
Rach1939
Old 10-18-2010, 01:17 AM

Good Girl. I helped make a lot of quilts on a tredal!!!!! :lol:
Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 AM

Rach1039,
I have a lovely new Viking with all the bells and whistles and prefer to do most of my quilt piecing with my 3 Singer
treadles. I think I like the rhythm of the treadle, its relaxing.
My DH doesn't understand my fascination with elderly sewing machines, but supports my habit. He collects antique radios, so he sorta gets it.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, I have some happy news! My DH wired a foot pedal to my White Rotary Electric Black Crinkle Embossed 1931 sewing machine. My DH also figured out why it wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread. Something to do with the hook/race thing being in wrong? Anyway, here he is (this has to be a guy machine). It now sews perfect. Pretty amazing for a machine that had a sledge hammer taken to it!

Nancy
I just picked up one of these at a local resale shop. Wasn't sure, but for $15 decided to go for it. I have all the jewelry and several manuals for it. What is missing is the base, looks like yours is just a plank of wood, is that right? DH wondered what I was gonna do with it, I said clean it up and see if she sings! Seeing your post has me hyped! Thanks.