Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2274

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

  1. #2226
    Super Member amcatanzaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Posts
    1,084
    This one was cut free from the stickys.
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

  2. #2227
    Member DKuehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    88
    All in one vintage machine photo. The first one I got was the Singer 66-16. It was free on Craigslist and was in horrible shape. I knew nothing of sewing machines, but fixed this one up and got hooked. Next I bought the Singer 27 treadle and cleaned it up. At about the same time as the Singer treadle purchase I got the White Family Rotary for free from Craigslist.

    At this point my wife started to become concerned about all the sewing machines accumulating in the kitchen, but it did not deter me. I then bought the Singer 15-91 and added it to the collection. I promptly rewired it and I'm still waiting on some Singer lubricant to apply to the gears. A couple days after getting the 15-91 I saw a free Singer 500a not far from my house. It would have been absurd not to pick that up, I've got it all oiled up and am also waiting on my Singer lubricant for the gears on that one.

    I didn't bother with nice individual pics as these are not overly special machines, but I didn't want to pass the opportunity to show them off a tad.

    Name:  20160106_111200.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  427.2 KB

  3. #2228
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,290
    Nice set... I would need a REALLY wide lens to do take a shot of my collection... hehe

  4. #2229
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Nice set... I would need a REALLY wide lens to do take a shot of my collection... hehe
    Steve, you could always take a panoramic view. LOL.
    Or get one of those Drones that take aerial pictures. Google satellite?
    ~G~

  5. #2230
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,290
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Steve, you could always take a panoramic view. LOL.
    Or get one of those Drones that take aerial pictures. Google satellite?
    ~G~

    Well the collection does live in three rooms.....

    As long as we keep posting here it's a virtual "sticky" lol

  6. #2231
    Member DKuehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Steve, you could always take a panoramic view. LOL.
    Or get one of those Drones that take aerial pictures. Google satellite?
    ~G~
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Steve, you could always take a panoramic view. LOL.
    Or get one of those Drones that take aerial pictures. Google satellite?
    ~G~
    Wouldn't it be easy enough to have the roof ripped off and then do the drone aerial view?

  7. #2232
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,290
    Nahh, it's a rental...

    I do have a mini drone with a camera (about 6" in diameter total) but the image quality is crudy.

  8. #2233
    Super Member sewbeadit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,999
    I think your machines look very nice and all in good shape, good job. I like them altogether like that, fun to look at. Makes a great picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by DKuehn View Post
    All in one vintage machine photo. The first one I got was the Singer 66-16. It was free on Craigslist and was in horrible shape. I knew nothing of sewing machines, but fixed this one up and got hooked. Next I bought the Singer 27 treadle and cleaned it up. At about the same time as the Singer treadle purchase I got the White Family Rotary for free from Craigslist.

    At this point my wife started to become concerned about all the sewing machines accumulating in the kitchen, but it did not deter me. I then bought the Singer 15-91 and added it to the collection. I promptly rewired it and I'm still waiting on some Singer lubricant to apply to the gears. A couple days after getting the 15-91 I saw a free Singer 500a not far from my house. It would have been absurd not to pick that up, I've got it all oiled up and am also waiting on my Singer lubricant for the gears on that one.

    I didn't bother with nice individual pics as these are not overly special machines, but I didn't want to pass the opportunity to show them off a tad.

    Name:  20160106_111200.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  427.2 KB
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

  9. #2234
    Super Member Cari-in-Oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    3,013
    I've been on pins and needles all day waiting for UPS. It's finally here and in spite of not so great packing, no damage. This fills two of my collection wants in one machine. It's green and it's a hand crank.
    Name:  S5032415.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  123.5 KBName:  S5032417.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  119.3 KB
    It's mid 70's going by the sticker. My 4yr old GD has already claimed it, lol.

    Cari
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #2235
    Super Member QuiltingVagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,255
    That is tres cool Cari!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

  11. #2236
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    270
    Love it.. I'm pea green with envy!

  12. #2237
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    152
    I'm thinking Sweet Pea would be a good name for her. She's adorable. Green is my favorite color and I don't have a hand crank (yet).

  13. #2238
    Super Member amcatanzaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Posts
    1,084
    That's very cool. I love it.
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

  14. #2239
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA
    Posts
    3,861
    Nice machine Cari! I like green sewing machines too.

  15. #2240
    Super Member sewbeadit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,999
    Cari, it is beautiful, where did you find a green hand crank? Lucky lucky
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

  16. #2241
    Super Member Cari-in-Oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    Cari, it is beautiful, where did you find a green hand crank? Lucky lucky
    ShopGoodwill. It's Rodneys fault, enabler that he is he sent me a link to it. I figured I deserved something cool after my last machine was such a let down.

    Cari
    Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 01-21-2016 at 11:50 PM.

  17. #2242
    Member Borletti Milano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
    ShopGoodwill. It's Rodneys fault, enabler that he is he sent me a link to it. I figured I deserved something cool after my last machine was such a let down.

    Cari
    Congratulations, Cari! I started watching this machine the day it was posted...of course I wanted it too, but was fighting the urge to buy a Brother - I'm recently getting sucked into vintage Pfaff and Bernina so I really don't want to open up another can of worms!

    I watched the bidding go up and up, and (knowing your weakness for Brother) thought to myself "I wonder if Cari will buy this?"

  18. #2243
    Junior Member monopas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    170
    Cari, Wow! I'm looking forward to getting a look at it sometime!

  19. #2244
    Super Member Cari-in-Oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Borletti Milano View Post
    Congratulations, Cari! I started watching this machine the day it was posted...of course I wanted it too, but was fighting the urge to buy a Brother - I'm recently getting sucked into vintage Pfaff and Bernina so I really don't want to open up another can of worms!
    I watched the bidding go up and up, and (knowing your weakness for Brother) thought to myself "I wonder if Cari will buy this?"
    I know how you feel. Every time I see a cool looking machine I want it. And I always say I'm not a Singer gal but you wouldn't know it by the number of them I have and can't let go of, lol.
    I sat back and watched the bidding until the last day. Then it got hot the last 5 minutes but I was the more stubborn one.

    Cari
    Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 01-22-2016 at 12:12 PM.

  20. #2245
    Super Member Cari-in-Oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by monopas View Post
    Cari, Wow! I'm looking forward to getting a look at it sometime!
    Absolutely! I'll bring it to our next get together. Or you can come over and see it any time.

    Cari

  21. #2246
    Super Member sewbeadit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,999
    Are we having another get together? Isn't it about time to have one?"

    Cari, I thought that may have been the machine I saw on that site but I didn't realize it was a hc. Lovely, glad you got it it is so purddy!
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

  22. #2247
    Super Member Cari-in-Oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    Are we having another get together? Isn't it about time to have one?"
    Cari, I thought that may have been the machine I saw on that site but I didn't realize it was a hc. Lovely, glad you got it it is so purddy!
    Yes it is about that time, though I'd go for one every week if we could!
    The hc was my main reason for wanting it. I have so many clones that the color, while it's cool, wasn't that much of a pull. A dark green late 50s model is on my short list, but it would have to be one I don't already have.

    Cari

  23. #2248
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,290
    If you do, I will try to make it up for that

  24. #2249
    Junior Member monopas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    170
    A get together would be nice. Nicer in a month when I'll feel better. Learn from my mistakes: Drink more water, because kidney stones are not fun. Shunt is an ugly word, but a useful thing.

  25. #2250
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    6,134
    I bought 2 Berninas today at my local Bernina dealer. An 817 for $89 and an 818 for $99. Both are in good condition and sew very nicely. I am teaching two young women to sew and wanted them to experience what a good machine is like. They were going to buy Wally world machines, said no don't do that.
    Sharon in Texas

Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.