Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
VSMS............ Attachments Thread >

VSMS............ Attachments Thread

VSMS............ Attachments Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ball_...re=uploademail This is a link to the new video by Muv.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:30 AM

I've been so busy with work (teaching 4th graders) that I missed this great little thread! Now I need some suggestions. How do I go about finding an underbraider for my National VS? I love Celtic knotwork and have wanted to incorporate it into my blocks. A post elsewhere introduced me to the amazing gadget and now I WANT one!

My little Alvah may have come to me as a basket case but now it is my favorite machine to use for piecing tops and quilting them. I look forward to any suggestions folks may have.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan View Post
I've been so busy with work (teaching 4th graders) that I missed this great little thread! Now I need some suggestions. How do I go about finding an underbraider for my National VS? I love Celtic knotwork and have wanted to incorporate it into my blocks. A post elsewhere introduced me to the amazing gadget and now I WANT one!

My little Alvah may have come to me as a basket case but now it is my favorite machine to use for piecing tops and quilting them. I look forward to any suggestions folks may have.
You can post in the Forsale and Wanted on the QB

Place an ad on Craigslist

Check out Yahoo Groups for the National VS. I am sure there is a group there. Join the group, someone may have the underbraider.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Seriously? There may be a group for National VS?!? That would be totally cool beans.
For Sale and Wanted... I kept thinking it was strictly for fabrics. I will be right on it!

I found one for my 99k Singer, on Bonanza, but the guides do not look as though they would produce the quality of many of the underbraiders I've seen. Besides, I just love the feeling of working my treadle... It becomes the Zen Zone.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ball_...re=uploademail This is a link to the new video by Muv.
Thank you Miriam!

Nancy
Old 03-31-2012, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

No Nancy - thank Muv - she's the best!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 AM

During a Freecycle exchange I received a box with sewing items. Here are some attachments in the box. I know they are labeled (for the most part) Greist. But I am unsure of what type of machine takes this type of rotary slotted attachment! I'd love to figure it out because I have found an underbraider, if only I have the right type of Singer...[ATTACH=CONFIG]324744[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324745[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0880.jpg   img_0878.jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM

The Griest attachments don't fit Singers. They fit Nationals and all the machines they badged, plus most other brands. However, not all the Griest fit all the machines....you have to try them out.

This might fit your National VS....you just have to try it.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
The Griest attachments don't fit Singers. They fit Nationals and all the machines they badged, plus most other brands. However, not all the Griest fit all the machines....you have to try them out.

Not sure how to try! The type of foot I have is back clamping. I just need to find a link to someplace that has specific bar measurements so that I can tell what fits what!

So sad on the not fitting Singer.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post

There are 18 different measurements for those top clamping attachments....I don't recall ever seeing a chart listing them...I'll ask around and see what I can find!