Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
VSMS............ Attachments Thread >

VSMS............ Attachments Thread

VSMS............ Attachments Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcurious View Post
Yes, I have a question for a walking foot for a Singer 301.
What is a good online site (s) to purchase one and how do you use your walking foot?
If you want to post pics of it, that would be good too.
Thanks
Sew Classic has them here at excellent prices:

http://shop.sew-classic.com/Slant-Shank-Feet_c10.htm

I
'm not sure what you mean by "how do you use your walking foot?", so please don't feel insulted by the following remark if I read your question incorrectly. The walking foot is used for several things, but most commonly (at least by the members of this board) for quilting. It lets all three layers move at an even pace, something that might not happen using a regular machine foot.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 AM

Looks like a zipper foot!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:16 AM

This has been a very informative thread. My 301 and I are just getting acquainted. She didn't come with any extras because hers had already been separated from her before the previous owner. But with the info from here, I have purchased some other feet to be able to do some fun stuff. My 15-91 "Fusina" had most of these attatchments, and I have tried a couple of them. Now I will try some more knowing what they are for.
My girl "Thelma" is a black long bed 301.
Thank you all so much. I have found my favorite thread!!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 AM

Way cool Billy. It will be a show and inform and a "what the heck is this?" thread. Will get busy and take some photos. The attachments that came with my Kenmore De Luxe Rotary, born 1938, has the description of the attachment stamped on most of them. I have to use my strongest "cheater glasses" to read them.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Thanks for posting that website! I've seen items that have the underbraid, but never knew there was an attachment for that!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 11-20-2011, 09:32 PM

I haven't actually tried the underbraider yet, none of the variations of it that I have. I need to do that...can you imagine the feather normally used for quilting done that way?
Old 11-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Muv

How have I managed to miss this thread until now??!!

The underbraider is a brilliant little gadget. I use it on my 99K for hems on little dresses. Sew the hem from the wrong side, and feed narrow ribbon through the underbraider so that rather than having a line of machine stitching you have a ribbon trim instead. You need to use it with the quilting foot.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
How have I managed to miss this thread until now??!!

The underbraider is a brilliant little gadget. I use it on my 99K for hems on little dresses. Sew the hem from the wrong side, and feed narrow ribbon through the underbraider so that rather than having a line of machine stitching you have a ribbon trim instead. You need to use it with the quilting foot.
Muv I like the video you came up with for the underbraider. Thanks for doing it.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt View Post
I found an old puzzle box, in with a VS II or III White cabinet, that had a singer 201-2 head in it. Talk about mis matched stuff. The box is NOT marked Singer. Did other companies make puzzle boxes?

Here is a picture... not the best I fear. Things appear to be missing. The bits and pieces that are loose, include the spring, discs and backplate for an old style tension system, a needle clamp, a sideclamp reg. foot, a side clamp wierd foot, that's actually sharp like a knife, a spool pin, a rolled, long, pin cover type thing (made to cover up a pointy bodkin maybe?) and some other gadget that I have no clue what it is.

The only thing on the box is a faint oval stamped into the wood says, Patented 188?2 or 7? then February xx. Can't really read it. No other markings. Okay, what is all this stuff? I KNOW it doesn't belong to the 201-2. Did White use puzzle boxes?

Thanks! kim

puz box and bits inside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233380[/ATTACH]
The part above the tensioner pieces is an old set of GM V-8 ignition points used from 1957 to 1974.
That's funny.

Joe
Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Miriam, when I get home from work, I'll pull some of your photos and label the parts for you...

Your top clamp attachments go to a White, National, uhmmmm...there are some others that I can't think of right now... :lol:
My Standard treadle uses top clamp attachments also.