Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What sewing things did Santa Bring you? >

What sewing things did Santa Bring you?

What sewing things did Santa Bring you?

Old 12-26-2014, 12:43 PM

I hope that by the end of our time off that I will be moving into my new sewing room! dH is moving his hobbies to the basement man-cave and I will be moving into the vacated room with the ceiling fan and the window AC in the summer! Been waiting for the holidays to make this move. So excited!

sandy
Old 12-26-2014, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I got a lump of coal and a bundle of switches.
What I really wanted was a sledge hammer.
Oh dear!

I got some templates..a diamond, hexies and a "crazy quilt" one. I got a lovely magnetic broach with a photo of a vintage machine, my youngest gave me a Singer toy sewing machine (pink and white plastic) and my hubby bought a huge rolling Trinity tool chest! It's stainless steel with a polished butcher block top and lots of storage! I haven't decided yet whether I want it in the garage or as drawer space and a cut/press area in the sewing room. It's almost too pretty to fill with greasy tools.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:06 PM

I got a Pfaff 5.0 sewing machine. I was really happy now I can quilt my own charity quilts.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I got all my "presents" early except this one- got this the day before Christmas.

I'm going to use it to build up my leg muscles and stamina so I can get some sewing done with my treadles!
Cathy, lol! That looks like work, haha! But congrats. What I liked in your photo was all the books! I am such a bibliophile and get teased by my "bookless" friends.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:11 PM

Cogito - with only a few exceptions - all those books are older than I am. Most came from my father, and some he bought used while in college in the 40's.

I thought you were going to say what was neat was the five sewing machines in the picture. Right now there are 12 sewing machines in that room.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:34 PM

For Christmas, I get to move across country, back home.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:44 PM

Would sewing things the day after Christmas count? Hope so.

I got a bunch of Davis Long needles for Minerva my Minnesota B, a replacement bobbin hook for my #1 Singer 9W7 from eBay today, didn't expect them till tomorrow or next week.

From Miriam I got a 15 clone faceplate with a goofy looking tension on it and she forwarded a book we won on GW in Indy to us. All that cost less postage than GW would have charged us to send the book.

So that's some Christmas sewing goodies. Now I feel better.

Now I've got to try out some of the real Davis Long needles an make something with them. Been using the MTx190 substitute needles instead of the few genuine needles I had. Whoooo Hooo!

Joe
Old 12-26-2014, 03:46 PM

I got a gift card to Hancock Fabrics....and money.....and two beautiful shirts....and I had bought a sewing machine from someone off another group but....she hasn't sent it yet altho my check haas been cashed. H-m-m-m-m-.... if it's not here by Wed. of next week I'll call for an investigation and/or my money back...kinda upset about it, I believe what people say for the most part....we'll see!
Old 12-26-2014, 03:51 PM

I love the additional lights, you will love them. I put one on my featherweight and love it.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:17 PM

I received my long arm a little early but my DH put up my pegboard for me yesterday. I admit I was too impatient to make it pretty by framing it or painting it. But I absolutely love it! I am not done filling it yet. I went today and bought more magnets and more baskets.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503771[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg