Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 12-24-2009, 12:17 PM

If I'm going to sew sections together, when I'm preparing the paper pattern I cut along the sew line of that edge, so that when you sew the sections together rather than sewing through the paper, you're sewing only fabric right along the edge of the paper.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Banned

in the pic, you'll notice there's 3 red diagonal sections and 3 white diagonal sections

American Jane
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58593[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58593.jpe  
Old 12-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
If I'm going to sew sections together, when I'm preparing the paper pattern I cut along the sew line of that edge, so that when you sew the sections together rather than sewing through the paper, you're sewing only fabric right along the edge of the paper.
this is an excellent idea too.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:53 PM

I spend most of my time in here these days, so will say here...

Have a great Christmas everyone! :-) :-) :-)

It's Christmas Day here already. We were supposed to go away last night, but a friend turned up we haven't seen in ages and by the time he left it was too late and we didn't want to rush. So we're off this morning, travelling on Christmas Day! lol Not far though, just a couple of hours and we'll be in paradise, at the beach, in shorts no doubt! ;-)

Hope you all have a wonderful break, take care of each other, and stay safe.

:-)
Old 12-24-2009, 12:54 PM

Merry Christmas to you as well blue
Old 12-24-2009, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by okie
Klue you posted a color chart for those who might want to follow your color way. I want to see if I am reading it right. For the first week using the strip fabric Blocks M8 and K9 you use the 3 red section assuming your going left to right. You are not using the section closest to the selvages (red with white dots) so moving to the 3 red section that would be the one with the very small heart pairs. Okay for I9 it's the 2nd white section which I describe as grape bunches. Then the TR5 is the 1st red section looks like a border print with flowers. Am I reading your chart right?
Thanks understand

thats not how the color chart is to be read - it doesn't relate to fabric selection pattern at all.

the sections refer to which diagonal stripe the block falls into. i plan on keeping all my blocks in accordion file holders labeled by section and this way i'll know which block go in which section.

when i'm making fabric selection i'll pull that file holder and look thru the blocks to make fabric choices.

when we get further along i'll move out of the folders and onto the design wall and just keep everything up there.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

merry christmas all!

have a wonderful day at the beach blue
Old 12-24-2009, 01:35 PM

Merry Christmas to all my wonderful new friends
Old 12-24-2009, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Klue you posted a color chart for those who might want to follow your color way. I want to see if I am reading it right. For the first week using the strip fabric Blocks M8 and K9 you use the 3 red section assuming your going left to right. You are not using the section closest to the selvages (red with white dots) so moving to the 3 red section that would be the one with the very small heart pairs. Okay for I9 it's the 2nd white section which I describe as grape bunches. Then the TR5 is the 1st red section looks like a border print with flowers. Am I reading your chart right?
Thanks understand

thats not how the color chart is to be read - it doesn't relate to fabric selection pattern at all.

the sections refer to which diagonal stripe the block falls into. i plan on keeping all my blocks in accordion file holders labeled by section and this way i'll know which block go in which section.

when i'm making fabric selection i'll pull that file holder and look thru the blocks to make fabric choices.

when we get further along i'll move out of the folders and onto the design wall and just keep everything up there.

I replied in the wrong spot, I thought I was at the end of the quote, I understand the chart is in reference to the diagonal. Sorry to hear about your health scare.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:14 PM

Merry Christmas to all of you! Looking foreward to the new year and doing our DJs.

Loved your bacon story Kelly and I'm so glad you are alright!!