Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 142 of 617 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 141 142 143 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by okie
    I'm doing a little practice so I won't lose time when the party starts next week. When I participated in the swap it was the first time I had used translucent paper. For anyone who has used this paper maybe you can help me understand something. I've made 2 practice sections (same sections) Block I9 and one is right the other wrong.
    When you are finished with a section and laying it paper down, (fabric facing you) is the printed side of the paper facing up or down?
    The first of many, hopefully not too stupid, questions. Christmas is behing me and I'm ready to get knee deep into this party.
    its down, or another way to say it, the printed part of the paper faces the flat surface when the fabric side is up or facing you.
    Then I'm still doing something wrong I going to write this just like I talking on the phone.
    Look at Block I-9 from the software. When you print it out on translucent there are three sections. The top section has a 6 on the far left and a 5 on the top. You place piece 1 under the paper right side of fabric up or down? Let me know then I will continue, okay.

isn't I9 mirrored?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    isn't I9 mirrored?
    It seems like every one I do is mirrored, that's why I must be doing something wrong.

Banned
    ok, you need to print as a mirror for I9

fabric piece number one is placed fabric facing up because you don't iron that piece open.

ok, continue

if the fabric is facing you the numbers are facing away. the right side of the fabric goes on the back side of the paper. then when you sew it the fabric is facing down and the printed side of the paper is facing up. also you have to mirror print this block for it to look like the picture.

sorry klue didn't know you were still online

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    sorry klue didn't know you were still online
    we can both help her :-D

Banned
    here's my I9. i used variation #1 but that doesn't really matter with the problem you're having.

i took a pic of the back so you can see how it looks from both sides and which section goes where.

if you click on the download button the pic will open up in another window and you can zoom in real close on the block.

I9 Back
    Name:  Attachment-58859.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  28.1 KB

I9 Front
    Name:  Attachment-58860.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  51.2 KB

fabric piece number one is placed fabric facing up because you don't iron that piece open.

ok, continue

Ok so rule of thumb is if it doesn't go together the way you think it should, it probably needs to be mirrored. I've printed the block mirrored so will try before I ask anymore questions. Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okie

ok, continue

Ok so rule of thumb is if it doesn't go together the way you think it should, it probably needs to be mirrored. I've printed the block mirrored so will try before I ask anymore questions. Thanks
    yes, thats the general rule when everything comes out the opposite.

when we start i'll point that out when its necessary.

Page 142 of 617 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 141 142 143 152 192 242 ... LastLast