Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Well, I'm so sorry that my writing is so bad that you've misunderstood me. I was browsing on another thread, I think it was one of the Monthly Bee threads, and it was there that I saw the comment that I quoted about the sister-in-law. It was not a comment that I wrote, or a comment about my own family, it was simply what I'd read here on the Quilting Board. It caused me to be grateful that my family had not encountered such a horrific event. I just was trying to say that I was counting my blessings, as we all should, and as QNS often encourages us to do. Things could be so much worse! I'd say so! No one in my family has been murdered. I have arthritis. What is that in comparison? And people are murdered every day. Just think-- how blessed you really are.

I'm about half way with the Hunter's Star quilt-as-I-go project. What a mistake! I'm regretting this choice to quilt it this way. I cannot get the pieces together smoothly to suit me. I cannot get the seams to match on the separate pieces. I'm accepting poor quality work in order to get it done. No turning back now.

And it was so nicely sewn, with nice quarter inch seams. The swap people on the Board did such a nice job with their blocks. Yes, QNS, they are 8" blocks. The top was so nice, and I'm botching the job with this quilting. I should have sent it out. * roll my eyes *

Last edited by givio; 10-11-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding, Givio. But super glad that no one in your family has been murdered!

I do have a good friend who's sister was murdered. She lived alone and gave lawn mowing and yard trimming jobs to a vagrant sort of guy who was mentally unstable, just trying to help him out and give him something productive to do. Well, he came around one day demanding money from her (robbing her) and when she refused to give him any he shot her! And she had helped him so much. It was a terrible tragedy and my friend and her family has never gotten over it.

Yes, we are blessed! There is so much pain and suffering all around us. Every day we are vertical is a good day!
Old 10-11-2016, 08:40 PM

I want ya'll to know how much it means to me that ya'll are here. I have been lurking here every day. Just reading about all ya'll have going on cheers me up. Even when the bad things happen we are always here for each other.
DM's Physical Therapy didn't come all weekend & she got sooooo very week. I am one mad hatter. Even the surgeon is mad at PT. On top of that I am sick. I think that I caught whatever it is that is going through my family. 6 of us have come down w/it. The first one of us to get sick was my #2DSis. The DR told her that she wasn't contagious. Well ptffff on him. At least she is well now & is up at the hospital w/DM now. My DR gave me an antibiotic shot, oral antibiotics, & a boat load of other RXs. I sure hope to get well as fast as DSis did after she finally got the antibiotics. (You know it sure would be a lot easier on all of us if our other DSis took a turn at the hospital!)
Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

Bev, sorry you've been having such a hard time. Hope you recover quickly now that you've been medicated!

For your mom, can you do any of the PT with her yourself? I wouldn't wait on the therapists to show up! I'm sure you have seen what they do... I agree that she needs to exercise to build her strength. Even just little things. It sure makes me mad when so called "professionals" don't take care of the elderly like they should. It should be more than just a job for them. It should be a calling.

Hey Bev, I've tried to use the other quilting site, and it just seems like nothing is happening there. Only a handful of people online any time that I've been there. I wish it would pick up. I appreciate your greeting there!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:30 PM

SBG- DSis & I are doing the leg exercises & breathing exercises. They are minor in compared to getting her to walk. We can't do that. (Especially w/my bad back.) She should have been up & walking by now. Even sitting in the chair would have brought some improvement. We had some nurses that were afraid to get her up in the chair. They were afraid that she would fall. Sigh, They could have called in some help from one of those big male nurses that were that day. (Yes I saw 'em in the hall.) She is now on the post surgery floor where the nurses know what to do to get her moving!

(I feel guilty about talking about the other forum on this one so I will send ya a PM on the other one. Is that OK?)
Old 10-12-2016, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post

(I feel guilty about talking about the other forum on this one so I will send ya a PM on the other one. Is that OK?)
Sure!

Glad your mom is moved to where they can better help her.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

dublb...remember to take care of yourself through all the turmoil you've been experiencing...

Taking a moment before I get at my next project...enjoying a second cuppa for the moment...fresh pot so take a cup, too...

Kitchen counters have bowls of frozen stew beef waiting to be cut in smaller chunks so I can can it up...looking forward to some 'mergency meat as my DS is calls it...so nice to have it on the shelf to make stews, hot roast beef and gravy over potatoes, beef and noodles to name a few. Good rainy day project, but will take two days to complete...so off I go...
Old 10-12-2016, 08:28 AM

One day at a time, ladies. One day at a time. Sometimes its one hour at a time. As long as our feet move forward, someone will cheer us on. We don't have to repeat the day before and that can be very good news.

Overcast the threatening rain here. Finished California Gold quilt, its not perfect, but very humble. It will keep Dh warm this winter. After all, it's stitched with love. You may be able to see fault with your quilts, but please don't point them out to anyone. Own it, love it, and only share with those who will appreciate all that work and stitches you have done. Go, quilters, go! Surprise yourself with what you can do.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Ditto about the misunderstanding Givio.

Dublb, Take little pieces of time in between.. even 5 minutes helps...

Putting together a mini version of the "POP" quilt. perfect for a person wheelchair bound..

I just figured out a way to make the "POP" blocks super easy using fabric with wide patterned stripes

The roads we travel to home are still blocked in sections..The rivers flooded have not crested yet. So we're enjoying the great cool weather..

Have a good day Ladies...H.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:15 PM

I am so much better. #2DSis did take an extra night at the hospital so I got a lotta rest last night. I even took a long nap today. I am back at the hospital tonight. It looks like it is gonna be a quiet night. They got DM up & moving a lot today. She is very sleepy.