Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM

I've been playin' w/the scraps that Jan sent me taday. I'm sortin' 'em & washin' 'em & sortin' again. LOL They are all just way too purdy. So much fun. The bigger pieces are in the dryer. The small pieces are washed in the sink & most o' 'em are dryed w/the steam press. I'll hang the rest on a shower rod ta finish dryin'. I probably could have hung most o' 'em but I wanted ta play w/'em. The very tiny pieces will lay out on the island & dry. I didn't wash all the purdy unsewn HST's. I'll sew those tagether first then wash 'em. (I knew I'd want ta wash 'em when she told me they were on the way as there is a slight smoke scent.)
As for the weather it has been just beautiful for the last 4 weeks but that is gonna change tamarrow night. Thurs the low will be 18*F w/a high o' 30*F. Burrrrrrr. The wind is supposed blow too. DH & I didn't walk ta day but we will tamarrow. I have a Gazelle that I use when we don't walk but sure enjoy walkin' w/DH. (I got the Gazelle at GW for $40. )
Old 01-21-2014, 09:20 PM

QuiltE - I used Excel all the time at work, but that was 10 years ago! Don't think I could do anything but very simple spreadsheet at this time. Wonderful job matching that fabric too!

Good to hear from you DD, come back soon!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:36 AM

....then there is this pink and chocolate beauty....http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...ne-at-sea.html
it got down to -1 last night! House is comfortable, and the sewing room beckons after I get a chicken simmering for some good broth and endless possibilities for meals.
Honchey, JanRN, & QuiltE....hope you can just hunker down and be safe and warm. Your weather is much worse than what I had.
OK...chores in this weather. Hopefully no frozen pipes.
Carrie....glad your arm is feeling better.
Jeanie....how is the drought emergency affecting you? Are you any where near the fires?
Mirabelle....I've been watching an Australian TV show on Netflix called McLeod's Daughters. I'm sure it is pretty romanticed but the shots of the country side are beautiful. Supposedly somewhere near Sydney. They are ranchers but don't do the big cattle round ups like you showed us so I assume no where near where you used to live. Still interesting and I think of you.
DD...glad you stopped by. Take care of yourself!
Dubib....time to break out the long johns, huh?

Last edited by gardnergal970; 01-22-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 AM

Good Morning to all: Hope everyone is safe and warm (or cool for Mirabelle) this morning. Have a good day; I have errands to run and an Arizona Star to attempt again today. New found respect for those who have done it....error in pattern does not help.

Thanks, GG, for the picture of Dear Jane. Love how the Quilting on the Square does their directions, although I do not see myself finishing in 6 months like Lacelady did on QB...she did a great job.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:25 AM

ggal, that's a great web site for DJ help. I like how you can click on one particular block and get a tutorial for just that block. Needless to say, I've been there a few times LOL.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
GGal beware only the first 2 blocks are easy and apparently you shouldn't start with the first block, sets you up for a false sense of "I can do this its easy"
No, that's not true. At least 10 blocks are easy
Most of them are really not that hard, but some really are. And some with lots of pieces won't lay flat, not even after beating up
Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Good Morning to all: Hope everyone is safe and warm (or cool for Mirabelle) this morning. Have a good day; I have errands to run and an Arizona Star to attempt again today. New found respect for those who have done it....error in pattern does not help.
I checked the printed pattern against the book, and did not see any differences??? The bottom printout should be marked "B". Where did you find an error?

I still have to sew the four sections of Alaska together before I start Arizona. I am having a difficult time with these small pieces. Maybe I should not have made mine 8"! I've done 2, maybe I should change the size I'm making!

I agree with you Jan on the blocks not laying flat. There are so many layers! I think they are going to be a bear to quilt. I think QAYG may be a good option for these.

Last edited by JeanieG; 01-22-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 AM

Hi Everyone, The offical # of inches for my area was 15"...but...My driveway registered 12"...My lady neighbor was having her driveway plowed, all 300 feet!!! and I snagged the kid that was doing it to do mine...Haleluyah!!!!..I was worried about getting out in time for my flight on Friday a.m....I have to be at the airport by 4:30 am..which means I have to be on the road by 2:45 a.m. There's only one flight going to NC ...My DH feels bad that he's not around to do anything...Ha ha...First time in years I can sleep thru the night...no snoring!!!.. My son will be by to shovel the walks later today...
Thanks everyone for your concern....I'm lowering my sewing chair to do some vacuuming today...I've never tried it before...I'll let yiu know how that works out...I'm thinking of getting a "Roomba"....I can just see it now..some gigantic thread ball in the corner stuck with all sorts of fabric bits & thread stuck to it and the digital display blinking...Help! Help! Now to get the sewing chair
Old 01-22-2014, 01:43 PM

JeanieG, "MaggieLou" says:Just a word of caution, the FF download has an error on the pattern for Arizona. Both sides are marked "A". I don't know if it would make a difference or not but it sure threw me!" The angles are cut at 45 degrees, not straight across the piece, too, so I may just change colors and cut larger pieces, and trim them down.

Honchey, it pays to watch what is happening at the neighbor's driveway in the winter time!! Great move on your part, getting the driveway cleared. I think we can all be more resourceful than what the men think of us...but I never 'assume' I can do anything if my dh is near and ready to do it!!

Serving up salmon soup in the soup mugs tonight; quick easy and ready with 3 minutes in the mircrowave. Dh loves it. All that gets dirty is just the mug, so little clean up from supper that way. No leftovers. Open a small can of Red Salmon, drain and put into bottom of the mug cup. Season with Kosker salt, coarse pepper, celery flakes, (if you like add garlic powder and onion powder) , cover ingredients with half and half, and put about an inch of milk over that. Put into the microwave, cover, and heat on full power for three minutes. Enjoy!!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:37 PM

Hmmmm I go now e-mail notification for this thread taday! It's a good thing that I know how ta find ya'll. ;D DH & I walked again taday at lunch. We probably won't the rest o' the week. I'll have ta use my Gazelle for the rest o' the week. We don't move well in the cold. One o' the reasons we are still in Midland. Several times DH talked about movin' & I told him that I didn't want ta move ta a colder place. I'll be wearin' long johns tamarrow for sure.