Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 01-31-2016 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I worked on a bit this afternoon. I decided I needed a hand-sewing project to take to doctor's offices. Surprise, surprise KT fabrics (scraps from my PC quilt). I've never done EPP before so this is something new. I figure I will prep a bunch of hexies and sew them 2 dark and 1 light.

OK--that is really great the minis made so much!! I bet people look forward to what you will come up with each time. :)

JeanieG 01-31-2016 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7451867)
FYI...minis raised $340 for the school..

How awesome is that! Well worth you time to do these for the school OK!

oksewglad 01-31-2016 09:28 PM

Thanks, friends...A great start, Carrie...this is going to look great....

givio 02-01-2016 09:14 PM

carriem, What lovely fabrics for your hexies! What does KT stand for? When one is at the start of a hexie project, it's so fun to decide what pattern to make with them. Did you color a hexie diagram page to see what your '2 dark, 1 light' pattern will look like? Did you show a picture of your finished FW PC quilt? I don't remember seeing it.

dublb 02-01-2016 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Carrie, That is gonna be real purdy. I have a GFG that I am making EPP. I too use it in the Dr offices & when traveling.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]541716[/ATTACH]

carriem 02-02-2016 04:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
givio--KT stands for Kansas Troubles by Moda. They are what my husband calls "Carrie colors"...I used to sew my own clothing and those are the shades I would lean to in buying fabrics. My quilting have expanded my fabric choices/colors a lot, but they are still the shades I go back to. :)

I din't color a diagram, just got fabrics put on the hexie papers and laid them out on my table...I thought that looked alright, so will go a while and see how it looks.

I made 2 PC quilts from my blocks. They don't use all KT fabrics but mostly. We live in a "cabin" in the woods so have lots of windows and woodwork in the house. There is a bed in the living room and these colors just fit in perfect.

dublb--Are you doing all of your flowers in solid fabrics?? How many do you have done so far?

QuiltingNinaSue 02-02-2016 05:47 AM

Carrie, looking forward to see your progress with the KT here. I have seen some beautiful work done with that method.

RAIN, rain and more rain today. Yesterday at 12:30, the fog just disappeared as if by magic. Weir.. never saw anything like that before.

More progress on teh Pandora's box today...I hope. Have a great day everyone.

oksewglad 02-02-2016 06:41 AM

Thanks for resharing your lovely quilts, Carrie.

Snowflakes are falling here...originally to have +12"...now decreased to 5-9", but wind is already blowing..schools are cancelled..fixed big pot of stew for the crew today...now to clean off the table for the 9 of us..

The phone should be quiet...heard a big whoosh as the political hot air blew (flew) back East this morning. Political ads will disappear until election season and we become a fly over state once again...just saying..

Have a good one..

Blue Bell 02-02-2016 07:04 AM

Carrie, Your quilts are gorgeous. I tend to use those colors as well.

dublb 02-02-2016 04:04 PM

My Hexie's are just those red & blue. I got a box full of red, blue & tan squares several years ago. The fabric is sateen cotton. I was at a private estate sale. When the lady saw me buying sewing stuff she asked me if I was a quilter & I said yes. She went inside & brought me a box full of these squares. I decided right then & there they would be my GFG. I did go & buy some green sateen fabric to go w/it as leaf units. I have about 30 flowers sewn together. This is my loooooong term project. I only work on it in the truck or at Dr offices & in emergency rooms. It takes longer to baste the hexies now than to sew 'em together.