The thought of using the concentrate occurred to me after I baked them...there's always next time. :)
Today I sewed on Row #6 of the airplane quilt, but it was too heavy to keep working with so I didn't get any quilting done on it. I am going to pin Row #7 (last one) on tonight, then just quilt both when I can.
Below are some pictures of what I worked on instead. This is a quilt for my MIL...her mom did the embroidered blocks several years ago. Look at the back and how neat it is! MIL found them in a box after she died....only September was missing for some reason so MIL made that one.
I didn't want to just sash and put together in regular rows so am altering the "Big Easy II" pattern using these fabrics. Some blocks will go in the center of the blocks that look "on-point" and some will go in the middle of the 4-P (like the last picture).
The embroidered blocks are 9" finished...same size as the pattern originally called for, so its was pretty easy to make the needed changes.
Oh my, those are wonderful Carrie! What great workmanship. Simply amazing!
Carriem that is going to make a beautiful quilt, I am awake (only just) I slept for 11 hours, so give me a few minutes to edit some photos and I will be back..
Firstly these are fabrics I am going to use for SYE, I "acquired" them after sleeping over at DD's:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D there is a border print and I may use the small print as the corner triangles, also may add a purple to the mix, what do you all think
Warning warning photo overload
Will try and explain each photo as I go along.
1. taken from one side of the room as everyone was arriving
2. This quilt won Viewers Choice at the Melbourne Quilt Convention, Molly dyes her background fabric sketches a vague outline of what goes where and then thread paints with her sewing machine, there is no applique on this quilt. It is simply amazing up close. She is a member of my Friday embroidery club so I have had the privilege of watching her work on these masterpieces.
3. This quilt made hand embroidered candlewicking, made my a member of my Thursday group
4. Baltimore that was needle turned applique and took the lady 5 years to make it, it was stunning
5. This was just a very pretty machine appliqued quilt that I liked
So mirabelle has been snitchin" again! Bright fabrics for sure.
What a lovely block DD. Lucky Jeanie!
Carrie, the fabrics and pattern you've chosen is going to make those beautiful blocks more special. A treasure to own when you are finshed!
Spent most of the day outside--was a great day to work in vegetable and flower beds as yesterday's 1" rain made for easy pulling! Still lots to do, but was rewarded with a tender cuke dipped in ranch dressing. Oh so tasty! Now to get some sewing done.
Great pictures Karen, thanks for sharing.
And some more photos for you
1, 2 and 3 are from a quilt my friend Shannon made. After her DH passed away she found a notebook where he had written down all his funny sayings, so she stitched them out and made a wallhanging and it is called Bill Said. I tried to take a photo of it but it was very blurry
4. Jennifer's African quilt for her grandson, all the animals are machine embroidered
5. a cute applique quilt with a Paris theme
Carrie, I think you matched your MIL blocks with great fabric. Well done. What a Fantastic quilt that will be.
And Mirabelle, you did a great job 'acquiring' a nice variety of color. Yes, I think you could add another dark color and balance out the future blocks. Awaiting til you are rested and caught up to tell us more details about your fun you had.
Jeanie, congrads on the new dgd. I envy you, if wishes were fishes, the ocean would be full is the old time expression...meaning I wish for more grands myself but count myself lucky to have one.
And some more
1. Another from Jennifer, this is machine embroidered and she is called it her Amazing Obsession, took her almost 10 months to make
2. Ursula's McKenna Ryans applique quilt.
3. Beautiful French Braid
4. Naughty Fairies made by Shannon, the fairies are machine embroidered then made into Crazy Patch Blocks
5. A scrappy quilt