Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a Keurig coffee machine?

Blog Entries
    I too have the one from Sam's. It is wonderful. I still use my Bunn to make a full pot of coffee but we love the Keurig. The stronger tast of coffee is growing on me, lol. We love all the specality coffee's. I have tried making my old Folgers in it and you have to use too much to get a good cup of coffee. I am going to try grinding it some more and see if it makes a difference. This is a very good coffee maker if anyone is interested in one, good price and works great!!!! One cup at a time is good, sometimes that is all we are looking for.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

I too found that if you use reg. grind coffee in the K cup it works better if you grind it to a powder. I just found Starbucks Italian Roast on sale @Target for $7.99 for a 12 oz package & have been using it in the K cup as is from the package & it's working out great. Love my Keurig.

Blog Entries
    I love mine. Have had it over a year now and I wouldn't have any other coffee pot in the house. We use our own coffee Dh uses Folgers and I use Dunkin Donuts. Its great and I have never heard of grinding the coffee. I feel this way we don't waste the coffee, with our other coffee maker I was always throwing coffee away.
    My Gummy Bear Died
    My Unicorn Ran Away
    My Imaginary Friend Got Kidnapped
    The Voices In My Head Won't Talk To Me
    Oh No! I'm Going Sane!

Blog Entries
    I just purchased the Keurig Vue yesterday from QVC. I'm truly hoping I made the right choice since it's more expensive then the regular Vue's but brews a larger cup of coffee and even gourmet blends with frothing ability for them. Finding the Vue cups might probe a problem since they are larger then the normal K cups.

QKO
    We've been using the Keurig exclusively for a couple of years now. At first, we bought the k-cups, and that became very expensive, so after a few months we switched to the included reusable device and grinding our own Starbucks. It's really nice since there is no wasted coffee and you get a fresh cup every time. I like to have a cup of regular first thing in the morning, then switch over to decaf.

A couple of tips for grinding your own and using the reusable filter:

Grind your coffee into almost a powder, it'll impart more flavor that way.
    Use filtered softened water and it'll almost never need de-scaling.
    Fill the reusable filter only half-way full, which is about the same as what the k-cups are. This is about 1 tbls of coffee. This way it will brew fast, make a flavorful cup of coffee, and you won't waste coffee. Much more than half-full and the machine will brew really slowly.

Blog Entries
    My DH uses his Keurig daily. We use coupons (koo ponz) at Bed, Bath & Beyond to make the individual cups more affordable. He is the only coffee drinker and likes the convenience of it. Our neighbor has had 3 of the Keurigs (she bought the highest priced one), with the company replacing the previous one(s) due to something or other not being right after using it for awhile. We bought a mid priced Keurig and it has worked fine for over 3 years.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

My children brought me one before we moved to Utah & I love it. Coffee shops here are few & far between

I have had a Keurig for about 3 years. Wonderful customer service when needed. Cafe Express' (Green Mountain coffee club) has 10/15% savings when ordered through them and free shipping when you order 4 boxes. Once again wonderful customer service. Enjoy.

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

I also use one cup twice. Really taste great. Too strong for one cup per cup.

I love mine! I got mine 3 or 4 yrs ago. I fill my own cups reusing the purchased k cups. I purchased plastic lids made for this purpose from www.my-kap.com. I have been doing this for years. I use regular coffee or purchase the flavored coffees. I also use the coffee syrups that I found in the coffee aisle at Sams. I also have a regular coffee maker if I want to make a whole pot. The Keurig also dispenses just hot water for a cup of tea, cider, or hot chocolate. The grands really love this feature. My K makes from 4 oz up to 16 oz cups. My husband who doesn't like new things really likes it too! It took him over a year to try out our microwave when we got our 1st one back in the 80's
    Kathy Stewart from IA
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kath_stirut

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast