Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2014  Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! >

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Oh Pam, that is crappy! Take a deep breath..........as you said, onward & upward!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 PM

O, Pam! I feel your pain! I always show up at joann'S with out dated coupons, or forget the current ones. Over Christmas i cracked a molar. Dr was out of town so went for root canal. He got it started, packed it and said be careful, see you in two weeks to finish. Bit down on pie filling ( we all know how 'hard' that is, lol) and had to have the tooth carved out. So that took care of both holidays! I might have lost weight, but on a diet of soft and cold, which also describes cake and ice cream, i kinda doubt it. Two weeks or more of soft mushy food was killer! I am lactose intolerant so i either eat bunches of pills or avoid dairy. I like soy milk so i get calcium and i add vit d daily. Dairy represents a very bad place for me that i normally limit to two Cadbury eggs and a 24 hr reaction spent in the porcelain palace every year before Easter . Lol. Lots of wonderfully yummy foods have butter, cheese, cream and milk. Cut those out and it sounds like a very easy way to stay thin, or get there. Will see what i eat instead! I'm betting it's all the sugar i crave! I'm sorry you're having tooth issues, too. No fun! Hope it is easily fixed

Last edited by nancia; 01-12-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:11 AM

Today's tip:

Choose foods with lower amounts of calories, sodium, sugar, and saturated fat to build a healthier plate.
That means passing up foods like doughnuts, onion rings and fried chicken!
http://www.choosemyplate.gov/<wbr>print-materials-ordering/<wbr>dietary-guidelines.html
Old 01-13-2014, 08:17 AM

Hey Pam, had a chuckle (well, sort of) You said you cracked a tooth on peanut brittle and the rest of it went in the trash - I mentally replied "hope that was the rest of the peanut brittle, not the rest of her tooth" Sorry, my sense of humor is strange! Hope all your tooth problems are solved. Had a good/not so good weekend. I planned for it, but even then, I overdid. This weekend (and last - and next) are football playoffs. I am the football freak in our family (hubby doesn't watch at all- comes in to eat!). I planned plates of condiments and cheese and crackers to snack on. That might not have been so bad (except for the lactose intolerents here), but I also put out some trail mix (which I just love, but avoid because of the amount I tend to eat). Got on the scale today and was up 1#, so need to really pay attention all week - cause I'll probably put out some stuff next week. P.S. my team lost last week, so guess I'm on to my #2 choice for Super Bowl Sunday.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM

Terrific Tuesday - enjoy what you eat and just eat. Don't watch TV or stand at the kitchen sink. Set the table (even if it's just for you) and sit and enjoy what you put on your plate. If you think about what you're eating, you generally tend to eat less.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:10 PM

Today's tip:

Be smart about your food choices to make your calories count. Smart food choices should be packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals, while low in calories and fat.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM

I had a super busy day yesterday, mostly doing errands and odd and ends. I called right away and got the perfect dentist appointment time- tooth hurty (2:30). He was able to replace the filling. No root canal. No crown. I was very happy.
DD and I will be joining WW tomorrow. I would have gone right away this month but had to wait until the time was right for her.
We had 8" of snow today and then wind to go with it. Lucky for me I didn't have to go out. My knitting group was cancelled but I wasn't going to take the baby out with bad roads anyway.
I am really bad about doing things while I eat. Mainly reading or watching tv. Don't know that I will be able to change that.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:56 AM

Today's tip: Try something different...mix it up

Looking for a new side dish? Why not mix it up and try something new like a barley pilaf instead of the usual rice. Find great recipes on the MyPlate Pinterest page. http://www.pinterest.com/<wbr>MyPlateRecipes/myplate-side-<wbr>dishes/
Old 01-15-2014, 04:58 AM

FQ's received this week from:

JenGaile - 3 months
zennia - 3 months
Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 AM

Hello to everyone. I haven't been on in a while. Things are crazy.

I went in for bloodwork. I was actually excited because I had been eating as a vegetarian for most of the three months and expected to see the numbers all go down. They did - all but my blood sugar. 8( Now doctor is running more tests, worrying about diabetes. I decided to change my diet even more. I'm eating pretty much as a vegan with eggs and fish. =O Very strict. (No dairy/cheese, pasta, sugar, starches, grain, etc) Reallllllly hard for me! I miss soda and cheese! But I want to see if I can control this without going on medication. Hopefully my numbers will be down in the next three months. Until then it's viva la vegetables. 8D

I guess the good news is I have now lost FIFTY POUNDs! Go me. =D I haven't been at this weight since the birth of my third child. Forty-one pounds to go.

My arm was checked out (mri) and no surgery needed, but I can't lift with it. Between that and a bad hip most exercises are out. Ugh But I'm trying to walk - when there isn't any snow.

I'm still cooking for my carnivore husband. I usually don't have a problem with craving that. But I made him chocolate chip cookies for his lunch. That might've been one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I didn't even lick the beater. XD

Happy wednesday everyone.