Quirky Habits

Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Before I had my cataract surgery I occasionally got into the shower with my glasses on.....and had the same reaction -- "have I just had a stroke?!" I have awakened in the morning with them still lopsided on my face, too. Glad that's pretty much over with!!

Jan in VA
\\

My DH goes to sleep in his glasses ALL the time! It's not like he dozes off on the couch. He'll be in bed, all tucked in, fast asleep with his glasses on. He tells me its so he can really see his dreams good... LOL!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I hate it when I can't find my glasses. I can't see! I need an extra pair of glasses to wear while I'm looking for my glasses!
THAT can be a problem too!!! I have different glasses for reading, computer, sewing, and bifocals for when I want to see both close and far. I can never seem to find the right glasses when I need them!!! Reading glasses are all over the house so they will be where I can find them when I need them, but they always want to hide from me!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 PM

OMG you guys! I accidently went outside tonight to turn the hose on & THERE WERE BATS! Way up, high in the sky! Just waiting to get me! Can you say BOOKING IT?!? I nearly broke my neck getting back in the house! It was awful!

I was also thinking of another quirky habit I have (this was before I was outside & had the wits scared completely out of me). I take large pieces of fabric, cut them up & then sew them back together into patterns. Anybody else do that? LOL!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
I can't talk on the phone without my glasses . If I get caught as I'm coming out of the shower or in the middle of getting dressed I'll ask the person to hold and go get my glasses. Guess because things are not in focus I can't concentrate on the conversation. Crazy but true.
I believe you...I believe you big time.
For some odd reason I always concentrate way better with my glasses on.
That's how I know if I walk in the kitchen in the morning and don't know I don't have them on.
As soon as I try to do something, not only are things fuzzy but I don't know what I'm doing or why.
Go get glasses, get them on....AH! Hello world!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Oh, you know me well! Yes, he has me at his beck & call! And yes, I need the door open & a little light on so I can see the monster as he creeps up on me. Tho without my glasses, I really can't tell if it's Santa Claus, the boogie man or my DH! LOL!
lol, better train dh and santa to say it's ME! don't shoot that b.b. gun!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

I always feel like i hear better with my glasses on.
of course you do. We all know that the legs of the glasses pull our ears forward like big 'hear-catching' saucers
Old 09-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Last week, I had a bad (sinus) headache, so dosed up with decongestant, took off my glasses and sat in recliner, with eyes closed. Short while later, had the brilliant idea to go take some Advil (DUH!), so went into kitchen, opened the cabinet . . . and "OH, MY GOSH! MY VISION IS ALL MESSED UP!" Went ahead and took the Advil, getting quite worried. . . . How many times have you removed your glasses, then wondered why you couldn't see well?
1,2...uh, 1,000,...10,001....
Old 09-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

I hate it when I can't find my glasses. I can't see! I need an extra pair of glasses to wear while I'm looking for my glasses!
I quite agree. At the prices we pay, we should get two mandatory
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

OMG you guys! I accidently went outside tonight to turn the hose on & THERE WERE BATS! Way up, high in the sky! Just waiting to get me! Can you say BOOKING IT?!? I nearly broke my neck getting back in the house! It was awful!

I was also thinking of another quirky habit I have (this was before I was outside & had the wits scared completely out of me). I take large pieces of fabric, cut them up & then sew them back together into patterns. Anybody else do that? LOL!
hmmm...was just wondering if bats poop on ppl like regular birds do, then I did another of my quirky habits: I
answered myself.
A: nope,...nobody hangs around long enough to find out!
(A regular bird may do a poop-flyover, but a bat, well he's out for blood! thirsty little buggers! )
Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 AM

I have one: I really would like to know How it ever started? My mom cooked the Best ever 'Pinto Beans' I do too! and I have Always put a 'Dollop' of Mayo in them when I eat them! Anyone ever Do that?