Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15 >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 AM

Hopefully this will post..I am SO sick of recover webpagemessages and lost posts!!<o></o>
<o></o>
It is 8 am here in FL. I have a Fl gators quilt I made mygrandson that needs to be sandwiched so I can begin hand quilting the 72squares. I also have a top I began yesterday using leftovers from otherprojects. I need to search for other fabrics to add borders to make it twinsize. For breaks I want to begin organizing my scraps, so I can begin usingthem in projects. My main categories would be 2 ½ strips, various square sizesand strings….On to the sewing!!<o></o>
Old 04-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Banned

I would love to join you. I am making my first quilt, and really need to get going on it. I have about 15 blocks pieced so far. It will probably be late this afternoon before I get a chance, if then. I wish I had more time to sew. Post pictures along the way for inspiration!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
Hopefully this will post..I am SO sick of recover webpagemessages and lost posts!!<o></o
<o>It is 8 am here in FL. I have a Fl gators quilt I made mygrandson that needs to be sandwiched so I can begin hand quilting the 72squares. I also have a top I began yesterday using leftovers from otherprojects. I need to search for other fabrics to add borders to make it twinsize. For breaks I want to begin organizing my scraps, so I can begin usingthem in projects. My main categories would be 2 ½ strips, various square sizesand strings….On to the sewing!!<o></o
Ditto, I don't know how many attempts I have to make to get a post on the board.

I'm just going to make this short is case it doesn't go on again. Started 10am (uk) now 1.45 made 5 blocks need another 27 had a day of action planned but not going quite as planned so have thrown that out the window and just making up blocks and taking breaks as needed. Will take photos but have never posted on new board so not sure how I will get on. See you later Eileen</o
Old 04-15-2012, 04:50 AM

Smile

I just started working on Jason Yenter's Illumination quilt. He is my favorite designer and I absolutely love these fabrics. The colors are so rich and deep.

Today I hope to complete 4 blocks from the pieces I have cut out. You can see that I did the first block yesterday.

Thanks for organizing this quilting day. What a great idea!

Elise
Attached Thumbnails 100_1029.jpg  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:57 AM

I'm joining you for a bit this morning too while DH is still sleeping. I didn't get my cleaning done yesterday, but I did make a bed skirt for the guest room. So today I'll still have to work on cleaning, but plan to at least make a little quilted mat for a flower pot to sit on out of an orphan block, and I've got a new jacket to put buttons and button holes on so I can wear it next week.

Elise~Your fabrics look "yummy"! Can't wait to see more blocks.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 AM

Okay I'm in. I made this top about 6 months ago. It was my attempt at modern quilting using scraps. I think I failed miserably but its made a a nice practice piece for the new frame. I'd like to get it finished today because I'll be having a 5 year old for a house guest for the next week. Wish me luck in both areas. I haven't had a youngen in my house for overnight stays in about 10 years!
Attached Thumbnails 100_2873.jpg  
Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 AM

This is a first for me...however, church this AM...after that...have some flowers to plant and the rest of the day will be spent cooking and quilting. The quilt is for my grandson. Painted his hands and had him place them on fabric, then was able to place the ''hand print blocks'' into my quilt. Have completed up to stitching in the ditch..my 1st quilt and a very easy pattern....so that is the plan for today to get the stitching done, doubt that I will get all that finished, but if miracles happen, then i'll complete the binding and start on the same pattern which the top is already done for my grand daughter.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:09 AM

LEATHEFLEA........My grandpa used to live near there!! I do have a couple cousins down that way, too! It is a small world!

I also have church in a bit, but in between the laundry, i'll be working on this Irish chain lap quilt for the choir director at church - after I move the cat.

I also need to recoup from walking around the Cinti quilt show yesterday! First time there, and WOW!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   001.jpg  
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 AM

I'm in for a a few hours . I just started quilting about 2 weeks ago and am just about done with my very first quilt top. I started a new project on Friday and I am using one of the recipes from Moda Bake Shop with the new Vintage Modern fabric. I am so excited to see it when it is completed! Have fun sewing today!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 AM

Such a pretty kitty. They do so enjoy our work. I hope to join ya'll late today. I love this idea.