Things have been busy here, but I am trying to keep up! In between cleaning up storm damage, trying to get rid of stuff and looking for a new house (I'm tired just typing that!) the issue of my sewing machine has come to the forefront.
The short story: I bought my Designer 1 from a local dealer last year, had it in unsuccessfully 7 times for repair, and finally resorted to taking it elsewhere. It's been there over a month, and is finally ready for me to pick up tomorrow. The bottom line is that the machine was never gone through and was repaired improperly. I've written the area rep, and gotten back a "Sorry, I will discuss this with them" e-mail in return.
So, it's decision time. I am not willing to take either the Designer 1 or the Scandinavia I purchased new back to the original dealer, not even for servicing - which essentially means no warranty since the warranties don't transfer between dealers. At this point, I'm not concerned about either machine; the Scandinavia has been a great little machine (and has only been serviced by Viking corporate in Ohio), and the D1 has been properly repaired. The bill is only $300 because the second dealer thought I got a raw deal in the first place.
If I am going to sell the D1, now is the time since she's just been gone through. My knee-jerk reaction, especially after the rep e-mail, is that I'm through with Vikings, so I'm appealing to calmer heads here :D What would you do?