Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group >

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Old 09-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Anastasia...do you have your homework finished young lady???
Old 09-08-2012, 03:20 PM

hmmmm ok I will have to remember that because I see it a lot these days
Old 09-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Yep I do! well.. mostly.. hehe I have my math homework done, can't submit it til the 10th and I am working on the test that I have to turn in on the 11th.. My ethics I did the discussion portion but I haven't done the reading portion but I don't really neeeeeeeed to. But I will.. It's just a TON and I can't focus today. trying hard to stave off the nappies.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 PM

I came up with making a heart block for April. Also a get well card from each of us. Any takers? PM me if so.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Default Saturday update

Received a F8 from marcialee today and received blocks back from Elisabrat in the rubies group....envelope addressed as 2012 Potato Queen, you are a little devil, my post mistress asked what the hell is this, I told her it was a private little joke. She just nodded her head laughed and asked if I had any extra, then live and in person my own little piece of blueberry pie. It is so awesome all paper pieced ( which I can not do worth a dittley damn) and then another amazing little bee ready to bit the living h out of me. I really need you to come to Cody...well Ralston, Wy. and show me how to do this on my embroidery machine marytoddliz. I love it and want to learn so badly I can hardly stand it!!
I had to play with oldcatladies fabric today, I love love love it and sewed till I used every little piece I could use, so both groups am sending you home 3 blocks, then I looked for a pattern for urgodschild2 and think I found something that really shows off your fabric, so it will be coming also. Savannarandon yours is cut and 1/2 way sewn so will be sending out on Monday also. [ATTACH=CONFIG]361384[/ATTACH]Elizabrat did you get this pattern from quilter's cache????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361385[/ATTACH]annaquilts, this is amazing the way it's paper pieced

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361386[/ATTACH]marytoddliz, love this little bee as long as she's on fabric, live and in person deathly to me.
Thank you all so much for the time and effort, these are amazing blocks!
Attached Thumbnails dscf0827.jpg   dscf0828.jpg   dscf0826.jpg  
Old 09-08-2012, 07:28 PM

jaba, have you thought about looking it up on 'you tube'???
you can learn anything on there, almost like having a live tutor in house all of the time!! plus you can pause it, and re run it as often as you like!!
my youngest daughter and i got bored one day and taught ourselves to 'yodel' on 'you tube'!! just for the 'h' of it!!!

good luck!! your blocks are looking great btw!!!!
xxxxxxx
Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 PM

So looks like no one got my blocks today so hope some of you get them on monday
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Anastasia, I got your block.Oh you already knew that ONE. sheesh.

Jaba, do you ever rest, like at all, like on Sundays between 1 p.m. and say 1:05 p.m.? I get tired just thinking about how hard you work. and seriously would I put something like potato queen on your envelope.. truly does that even begin to sound like me? hey just because you ARE the potato queen well what more can I say other than what an excellent title to wear (does it come with a crown too?)
O, next block up for working is Anastasia, our little Rupie. Anastasia dear, I just posted on diamonds you learn so fast that everyone should hire you to learn it, then simply have you come teach it. Jaba wants to learn her embroidery machine and well i need to learn.. everything and then there is.. you see this could be a full time job.. non paying but full time!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Oh jacquie that would be entirely to easy and I'd have no one to talk to or anything, at least you could yodel to your daughter you know??? Anyway, I'm more of a hands on person and a just show me. Dum probably I know, but what do ya' do? Anastasia didn't get 1 from you today, bet it comes Monday. I'll be sure and post cause I know I'll love it, you always make awesome trade blocks.
Moonwork printed this out but I'll have to see what I can do to enlarge it and then try to paper piece. Who am I kidding, I hate to do paper piece! I have a great idea, I have some amazing, I mean amazing purple and teal fabric that would look totally wondermous with this pattern and I'll send it all to you. Then I can add some grays in there so you don't get bored or anything, you can make me blocks so I can come up with a king size quilt and send them back. I'll be glad to put it all together and quilt it, pay postage both ways, buy you wine, whiskey, vodka, coffee, tea, donuts......what ever trips your fancy. I rather like that idea, what 'da 'ya think? Sound okay?????
Old 09-08-2012, 07:58 PM

Hey missy, I could take a photo and post that envelope on here you know? I showed hubby Bill and he laughed and laughed, thought that was a big hoot!! Yup a little tired tonight for sure, it's 10 here and I go to bed and have to talk myself into going to sleep so that takes another hour, so guess I better go hit it shortly. Let me know how you do on Monday okay, and you better be watching your step this week end and doing what you're suppose to be doing. If you hear a little whisper in your ear or a big yell, trust me it's me!!. Talk at all of you in the morn..night night