December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM

I'm tellin on you, you didn't share.....boo hooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally Posted by candi
Oh Patti, that candy was sooo good. :mrgreen:

Originally Posted by pattis47
I knew I could count on you to be extra careful ! Just let us know if you need any help with that candy, we could taste it to be sure it is ok for you to eat. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Originally Posted by candi
I just checked my mail and received an awesome package from Karla=Kreinhart, thank you so much Karla for all the goodies in there. I love it all! The fabrics are pretty, the pattern for the little wallet, the magnetic notepad, the cute snowman ornament that is already on my tree and the gloves which seem to be needed in Florida this winter. Can't wait to try the candy..gotta be good and wait until after dinner though. Thank you so much. Happy holidays to you and yours and hope your 2011 is a wonderful one!

P.S. Although I got my package, I'd like to stay on the bench to finish the binding on my mom's quilt for Christmas. Terryl,I think you'll like it, it is in orange and green :mrgreen: And Patti, I'll be careful and try to not get dirt on the quilt while eating:lol:
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM

be careful when you slide.....don't want splinters

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I have candy canes...slide over please?
If you slide over, I'm on the bench with you, I brought hot cocoa to go with those cookies.

Originally Posted by brenda21
Mine finally got hers too.....I'm still sitting on the bench...dangling my feet...eating Christmas cookies :)
Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM

Brenda, my feet always dangle, been trying for more than 60 years to make it to 5"2" not there yet. 8-)

If you slide over, I'm on the bench with you, I brought hot cocoa to go with those cookies.

Mine finally got hers too.....I'm still sitting on the bench...dangling my feet...eating Christmas cookies :)
Old 12-15-2010, 06:34 PM

ooo I thought it was a plastic bench! I guess I'd better be careful!
be careful when you slide.....don't want splinters

Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM

Patti, Candi and Jackie- you all got really nice squishies...you must have been very good girls since it's December...I'm still sitting and dangling....and Patti I've only got about an inch and half on you haha
Old 12-15-2010, 07:25 PM

BUT, at my age, I am only going to start shrinking.....lol
Old 12-15-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by koko
My package has arrived!! Thank you Misty Marie for your wonderful selection of items for me. I received the cutest pattern called Shop Til You Melt along with 5 coordinating fabrics that can be used with it. I can't wait to start on it so I can enter it in our quilt show in June. I collect mugs with states on them and now I have one from Colorado. And I was lucky enough to be the recipient of her lovely embroidery work on a table topper and ornament. Oh, and there was delicious Lindt truffles but I'm not mentioning that...
I am absolutely shocked at how quick that got to you. I mailed it on Saturday and it arrived on Monday. That is the fastest a package has EVER arrived.

The "tabletopper" is a flour sack dishcloth. I had never done that before and boy was it a learning lesson. I went back to the store where I bought my machine and asked them what to do the next time I did something like this because the weave was so loose, the design wasn't very crisp. Anyway, glad you liked it. I would love to see the finished quilt when you get it done. I really liked that pattern... bought myself one too. :lol:
Old 12-15-2010, 11:17 PM

After reading all that about your 'interesting' wait for your squishies, I feel like I could have been part of that conversation. Except, I got mine last week. That's what told me this was already happening! I have you all beat in the height category. I am working hard reaching the
4 foot 11 inch level on the wall and I am also in my 60's.
I guess we have more in common than we knew pattis47! Enjoy your cocoa.
I just finished a 24 inch octagon tabletopper using the accuquilt dies in all the shapes for the quilt. That sure makes the cutting fast and sooo precise.
Nothing like folding a square into a prarie point and come out exact each time. And, yes to sew triangles without dog ears. Wow, how easy!.

"Points of Interest"Pattern from MIX & MATCH Quilts (With Accuquilt GO!) I changed the fabric to my choice of Christmas fabrics. Was easy cause shapes were easy! Those are Prarie Points (hard to tell in center and peeking out of corners)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143769[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143764.jpe  
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 PM

I am going to try and attach what I got from my secret pal on Dec 8th. See if I have success this time

I did it! The Fat Quarters are in my colors, the Quilt Journal (which I am now using(wendy made it), the ornaments Wendy made too - so delicate- What a surprise!My first swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143770[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143765.jpe  
Old 12-16-2010, 02:57 AM

I'll be 55 on the 29th of this month and I'm 5'5" and still sitting on the bench but maybe it will come on my birthday!

Suzanne