Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

rfbrazell 02-07-2014 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen (Post 6558795)
Kelly-- Oh my gosh, YES. I'm so glad you get it too!! I couldn't tell you the last time I dried my hair. I'm guessing it was sometime in 2011. I pull it up into a bun when I go outside, then on my way to work in the mornings, I turn on the heat full blast and dry it as much as possible.

No one else gets it! I have really thick hair, so it would take an extra hour (at least!) to dry it. No thank you!

I have the best way to get your hair dyed really fast like I did. I shaved my head.....LOL

Likethedog 02-07-2014 10:45 AM

Cute picture!

ljdugas31 02-07-2014 03:42 PM

Robert it makes you look much younger,i like it!!

rfbrazell 02-07-2014 04:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I was in Uganda East Africa for a very good friends wedding. Was there for 3 weeks and it was a blast.

Here are some update pics of my new quilt blocks of the Royal Oriental Medallions, and Pic of the one of my Feb swapper - Scrapper. Its from the "Neighborhood Quilt Collection" from Anita Goodesign. Really cute houses. This is the Wonker houses.
Working on a second block called, " O,Shays thatch cottage".
All the best
Roberto

dotcomdtcm 02-07-2014 05:57 PM

Totally beautiful!

Tam...Moo 02-07-2014 06:05 PM

Roberto, what is the little sweeties name that you are holding? I have always wanted to go to Africa - hopefully someday! Do you do your own quilting in addition to those beautiful embroidered blocks.?

Elisabrat 02-08-2014 04:32 AM

Roberto darling my hair is almost like yours lol ok I have some hair but I put it up in a dish towel after I wash it and 15 minutes later its bone dry. abeit a tiny bit.. ruffled looking but hey its only hair. and Kelly I will be one of those ladies in the summer hanging my self out the window for air any air.. I don't like the heat much either. I find I am weather intolerant these days wish I was rich.. I could be a snow bunny. Go to AZ for the winter come back here for spring and fall and live in CA for summer in the woods. Yup.. freely admit I am a weather weenie!

I love your rabbit blocks Roberto. I would think with a few little easter eggs what a wonderful wall hanging that would be.. I think that is one special quilt :) I love the holidays. They are oh so special to me and everything I see I put into what season or what holiday could I decorate with that? sigh.. and I see a whole lot of fabric here on the qb! my mind in overdrive!

oldcatlady 02-08-2014 07:10 AM

Roberto, what a gorgeous bunny quilt! What fabric did you use for the bunnies? I love the texture-they look so soft!

We finally have a baby in the family :) My nephew and his wife have been trying for 13 yrs and we finally have our miracle baby, a little girl named Harper. I was never interested in baby quilts before and now I can't get enough of them and have so many ideas running through my mind! I can't wait until she is old enough for an I Spy Quilt LOL!

Your work is just so fabulous, as usual :) Thanks for posting. It's a joy to look at your work :)

rfbrazell 02-08-2014 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 6561487)
Totally beautiful!

Kind of like a Dr who has her degree in Art! That makes beautiuful quilts and wall hangings. That lives in a beautiful city.
Hugs
R

rfbrazell 02-08-2014 11:18 AM

It's called Soft and Comfy got it a joann's much like minky fabric, they come in every colors, I did a panda blanket and used the black and white, did a baby duck blanket with yellow etc. You have to but a water saluable film over the fabric before you applique. But it makes a great presentation.
Have fun and post some pics when you do one.
Always great to see other Ideas.
R