Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Ideas for turning garage into a sewing room?

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
    If you have a Habitat Restore in your area, check them out for cabinets, flooring etc. Also, in our area, we have several flea markets that carry building materials cheaper. Painting the floor seems like a good option. My friends had their garage floor epoxied but it was pretty pricey.
    Good luck with all your renovations.
    With the miserable weather we have been having, it is really hard to even walk in the area now. It is PACKED (and not even half of my treasures are in yet) and ICE COLD - so much for the previous owner says it stayed one consistant temperature year round - The dirty concrete is like standing on ice - the freeze goes right up the legs! Whenever I get everything hooked up, I will try to take a picture of what the room looks like now - - - - - maybe not! When the weather breaks, I will have to clean one portion of the floor at a time, 'cause I surely cannot clear the floor my moving all the treasures outside! Is there such a product as "cushioned vinyl flooring?" Thanks!

Blog Entries
    What about making the garage door a design wall. Heavy magnets could hang sheet of flannel for design wall. I have something similar. Painted walls and added shelving along one wall for fabrics over base of cabinets and counter top. Went to restore and found great kitchen cabinets and great counter top placed over cabinets. Spent very little money except for coated wire shelving which are adjustable the base cabinets are finished and counter so heavy did not have to be attached to cabinets. Placed 2 smaller cabinets in middle of room and topped with finished flush door for sewing table. Door knob hole makes perfect place for machine cord. It is amazing what re-stores have and very inexpensive. Good luck and post pictures
    There is magic in a kind word or warm smile.

Blog Entries
    Yes to cushioned vinyl flooring. Some very pretty. I went to discount dealer and found padded low pile outdoor carpet. I did not glue it down. It vacuums very easily with broom vacuum and takes out lot of cold. Have some cushioned pads in front of long arm. Can be moved to cutting areas very easily
    There is magic in a kind word or warm smile.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6