2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-16-2015, 05:50 AM

Reading back on the posts a bit... I guess it's confession time... I bought two panels for QOV quilts. The northcott panels that coordinate with stonehenge fabrics sell out quickly. So I had to get them when I saw them.

Coordinating fabrics will be on my shopping list for the SC shop hop and quilt shows.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Martina, where are you when I need you? You used to be counted on to be at least as bad as me. Now look at you, always behaving.
Where did you get that idea? Did you miss the part where I went to 4 different LQS while on the quilt retreat (one I even went to twice)? My DH had loaded the car for me and he also unloaded. Poor guy almost sank to his knees when he pulled out the basket. "What on earth did you add to that basket?" he exclaimed. "Nothing honey," I replied. "Don't you know that assembled quilt blocks weigh more than individual pieces?" (No, he didn't buy it either. lol)
Old 06-16-2015, 09:45 AM

It's been few weeks since I looked on this thread. I see I'm not the only one who fell off the wagon when it took several sharp turns the last few weeks. I too, bought batik fabric from CT, and Belfry I'm not even going to blame this on you. When good batiks are on sale at that price, no can go wrong in my opinion. I then bought fabric from Keepsake quilting, on sale of course. Then I decided to check out the fabric sale on the QB section and found, more batiks on sale. The package came in, will open it later. Did I say, I like/love batiks? It's my down all

Elly66, I agree not much goes out of my quilting room either, (unless it's made a gift or charity). I'm attached
to my sewing items too.

paperprincss, Didn't you know, it's our job to share sale information? So when we do go off wagon, it does not cost as much. LOL

I hope everyone enjoys sewing with their new purchases.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:54 PM

too many great sales this week! I am trying to stay strong but feel like I am hanging on by my fingertips lol
Old 06-16-2015, 05:35 PM

You know, for someone whose not to blame Belfry figures in a lot of our confessions. Seems to me Belfry, you could have joined us in falling off the wagon. If you haven't already, you really need to buy some. Martina: I really did miss your confession. I know there have been several times recently that you exposed yourself to awful temptation and remained strong. Darn, have to go back and find it. Nothing better than reading about someone's fall to make me feel better. Seems like we were all good for long enough, that it was time for a little self indulgence. I will show pictures when it arrives. CT is amazingly fast with their shipping.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:16 PM

I fell off the wagon a wee bit at an estate sale. The good thing is that most of the fabric will go to a charity. I got about 2 yards of flannel for receiving blankets, burp cloths, etc, and 3 yards of knits for sleepers/gowns for babies. There is also 5.5 yards of a polyester/cotton that will be good for diaper bags along with some other fabric pieces. All for 10 dollars. Another quilter talked the estate sales gal into a cheaper price on each box and she wanted cotton and I wanted the above fabric so it worked out nicely.

Plus a man overheard us when we answered the check out lady's question about what we were doing with the fabric and told us that he was having a garage sale this weekend and there would be fabric on it. Unfortunately I will be out of town but he gave the info to the other quilter. I thought that was so nice of him.

And to think that I went to look at sheets for the backs of charity quilts and didn't buy any because of the price. There wasn't even fabric listed on the estate sale billing. Too funny!

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522585[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 06-17-2015, 05:13 AM

That's "legal" No problem there at all. We can buy what we need to finish a project.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

I know there have been several times recently that you exposed yourself to awful temptation and remained strong. Darn, have to go back and find it.
I wonder if I forgot to post that. oops. hehehe. Weeellll I was early getting to the area and checkin wasn't for a while so I let my trusty GPS lead me to the Quiltery, followed by the Quilting Cupboard, and Sew Fun (and yes it was). In each spot I scored. Some big - some reasonable. Then as a group we went to Quiltin' Cousins and on the way home I stopped back at the cupboard. It is the store with tons of nooks and crannies - FUNFUNFUN. I must have spent $250 or thereabouts. Enough to make me very very happy and not as ashamed as I thought I might be. hehehe
Old 06-17-2015, 01:26 PM

Well now Mad, how about some pictures of where you went astray? How fun and supporting Local shops helps economy........ calla
Old 06-17-2015, 04:46 PM

You know, for someone whose not to blame Belfry figures in a lot of our confessions. Seems to me Belfry, you could have joined us in falling off the wagon. If you haven't already, you really need to buy some...
[Laughing as I type this] You apparently missed the post above where I boldly stated instead of purchasing just two pieces to "fill out" my collection, I purchased $50+. After all, I had to get the free shipping and save money? Right? Right!