2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-19-2015, 01:04 AM

My hand is up..maybe a couple of dollars or even 20.00 but come on..$200? You know, we do understand. Could be anyone of us given the right circumstances.
I took a break and dumped the bag of fabric out and played with it for a bit but it's back in two bags now, couldn't get all of it to fit back into the same bag. I'm starting to think there's more than 10 yards, it is beautiful, hard to believe someone parting with that stuff. It's now resting somewhere in the hauling trailer, my husband comes home from work and everything I've been boxing up goes out the door and into the trailer. So no picture on that one, sorry.

I think what I'll do though, is take a picture of my new sewing room to show you. Scary comes to mind. Towering boxes and bins and oh my, just a whole lotta stuff.....everywhere!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:00 AM

June seems to be the month huh? I had my 60% off coupon and a crazy quilt on my bucket list so off I went on Friday. I found the white fur that I want for the border, two brocades one white and gold and one in light pastels and then a jacquard in red with little black flowers so now I have 4 fabrics because I already had the black velvet with a silver glitter dragon on it. I'm getting awfully excited about this project. To bad I have so many in front of it.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Well I tumbled........perhaps I will travel in a go-cart as it is closer to the ground I won't have so far to fall as from the wagon. Ordered a wool kit from Buttermilk Basin, and than I woke up in Jo Ann's at the patriotic fabric , found some w/w with stars for next project ........I'm not totally wicked as I know somewhere in my stash I have great patriotic flag fabric.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:10 PM

Pride goeth before a fall or in our case many falls. We were being so darn good that something had to give. Is there anyone still in the wagon. Hello? Hello?
Old 06-20-2015, 05:44 PM

I'm raising my hand again. No fabric bought. All year. I think it's been all year. I'll have to go back and read this thread to see for sure. But with the move it kind of dictates, and then I bought the shortE quilt frame. So I'm just kinda numb..
Old 06-20-2015, 06:05 PM

All I want to say is if the majority of us got to the half-way point in the year without falling flat, we are doing pretty darn good. I'm not beating myself up about my fabric purchase. After all, it was batiks. Oh yes! Batiks, batiks, glorious batiks!!!

Plus it all pales since I just plunked down $1200.00 for a midarm and frame combo. What's a few measly yards of fabric compared to that??!?!?!?!??
Old 06-20-2015, 07:18 PM

I only had the one fall off and it was a mental health purchase. I am strapped in on the wagon... so no more slips and falls... I hope I can make it one year ... or longer.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:43 AM

Hats off to Lori and Rhonda, or maybe I should say rotary cutter salute. Belfry: Congrats on the midarm purchase. Seems to me you got a great deal. How is the learning process going? Oh if this was only my first fall this year I would count myself good. Alas, not so and no I am NOT going back and count how many times.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:54 AM

I hear ya'all on all the issues we have with our hobby. I just looked in my current sewing room. Bare to the bones ....nothing...everything is outathere...I am gulping great breaths of air..I can get through this... without my..quilting stuff for a little while...right? Oh man this is weird.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

I actually cleaned my sewing room. Mopped the floor, moved the table back into its new position and I am liking what is going on. Now I can focus on some of those UFOs. Since I can't get to the quilting machine at the moment (due to renovation clutter) it will have to be done on the DSM. Well, she can handle it. Tossed out my joanne coupon and we drove by there today without stopping. I am feeling strong - at least temporarily. Got a relatively clean bill of health from my doc and hired a new person for the position where I lost an employee last month. That was really stressful.

Now I am going to sit outside in the sun (collecting some Vitamin D) and read an Elm Creek book. Not really a big fan but it is in keeping with the quilting spirit.